MFA 2013 Waitinglist Support Group

jwu

got a phone call from Wash U this morning, they offered me a spot! waiting for the $$ info in the mail

yeaaah! congratulations! the campus is awesome and I really enjoyed my visit but it was just not the right program for me. hopefully the funding works out for you!

I just want to THANK each one of you  for supporting each other and keeping me sane. 

I do talk(mostly freaking out talk and complain) to a few close friends, but nobody knows what I am going through better than you guys.

No matter where I end up this fall, WashU/WUSTL has the best best admissions staff, super kind and responsible. I mean, who would call you and ask what time zone are you in first? She was afraid that if I am in NY, it could be 6 in the morning when she called. Details, they got me.

Compared to one school sent me a thick package.... and turned out to be a course catalog, or email me with "...admission...." as the subject turned out to be about "all applicants, please chill down and don't bother to call or email us again, the results will be out soon", or didn't notice I went to college in the states and was waiting for me to submit my English language test score, or lost my official transcript and I had to fedex overnight a copy, or sent me a rejection email on April 15th... 

slowly losing hope i'm going to get a spot at IUB.... :/

I know how you feel.  The more time passes, the more I think I wont get off the waiting list...  I'm trying to grab on to the little hope left, but I wish I had my answer at this point (and a positive one if possible!)

Jwu, thank you to you and to eveyone as well.  It's true that it's great to have people who are going through the same thing to share with. 

I learned that most 1st round of applicants have accepted their offer in the program I'm waitlisted for, and the two that haven't yet have asked for an extension... I feel my chances slipping away and it's very depressing... :( Yet I can't help felling a little bit of hope bubbling up, that I know will get crushed once I have the final answer after even mooore waiting...

Hey, there's still a chance those two people won't go.

Not sure if SAIC is accepting students from their wait list, either. I sent them a letter recently, and its still too soon to contact them again. Of course worrying will not increase your chances. It does help to divert your thoughts to making things. :) (Impersonal 'you' here.)

Lucia,

Is this in regards to yale graphic design? If so how did you come about this info?

No, it's for Concordia.  I called after the April 15 deadline to get an idea of what was going on. 

Not sure if SAIC is accepting students from their wait list, either. I sent them a letter recently, and its still too soon to contact them again. Of course worrying will not increase your chances. It does help to divert your thoughts to making things. :) (Impersonal 'you' here.)

You're right.  Sometimes it's hard to see the positive in all this with the stress that has built up during these past months.  Thanks!

I emailed SAIC a couple days ago and the email I received back said they would be making waitlist offers "within the next month" so it may be awhile, especially since they have to give each round of people they offer spots on the waitlist a couple weeks to make their decision.

Anyone heard from MICA about final decision for waitlist candidates yet!?

I received a call yesterday that confirmed I was accepted into the MICA Summer MFA program, with scholarship. I also received an email with a ton of information attached, including funding info.

I've been on the wait list for some time now.

Edited by Ren Adams

OH MY GOD I got into IUB's printmaking program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can hardly believe it, I was prepared for bad news, even though i knew they wouldn't be calling with a rejection but who knows.  I got in off the waitlist into a class of only 4 people (including myself) so don't lose hope, guys!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

OH MY GOD I got into IUB's printmaking program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly believe it, I was prepared for bad news, even though i knew they wouldn't be calling with a rejection but who knows. I got in off the waitlist into a class of only 4 people (including myself) so don't lose hope, guys!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

Congrats!! :)

an update, MICA says that notification for waitlisted candidates will be extended until monday. They are meeting over the weekend to review more thoroughfully.