SIPA

ийнна

You should tell Revolution! :P

I'm sure he'd tell us the MBA students are far more beautiful than the SIPA students--there's not even a comparison! On top of that, SIPA students are routinely excluded from the far swankier MBA parties. 

So disappointed, received my decision and well it is a rejection. They gave me the good old "While your achievements to date are impressive, most successful applicants possess considerable professional experience." and "Each year, the Committee recommends that a small number of candidates in your position consider reapplying.". Well I guess Ill be going to Wagner then. Still NYC but have always wanted to attend Columbia...

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for a decision. 

In for MIA, no funding.

Now I'm trying to choose between Chicago CIR (1/3 funded) and this...my head hurts thinking about it

In for MIA, no funding.

Now I'm trying to choose between Chicago CIR (1/3 funded) and this...my head hurts thinking about it

In almost the same situation, Duke 1/3 funded or SIPA with no funding :/

Hi all,

Wanted to ask for people's opinions since I've realized how little I know about grad school since joining these forums...

Would you do HKS MPP for 40k/yr or SIPA MPA for 30k/yr? Neither worth the money?

Greatly appreciate any input.

I'm still waiting as well Pinkman. 

I'm not totally clear why they release decisions this way, but I'm sure there's method to the madness.  It's just that it's so late in the admissions cycle and deadlines to accept decisions are coming up fast! 

Hang in there and good luck!

Hi all,

Wanted to ask for people's opinions since I've realized how little I know about grad school since joining these forums...

Would you do HKS MPP for 40k/yr or SIPA MPA for 30k/yr? Neither worth the money?

Greatly appreciate any input.

I think it depends what you want to do. I don't have the luxury of choosing between HKS and SIPA, but $20,000 over two years isn't insignificant. I think, between all the top programs, the benefits of one school over the other (within public service) are pretty marginal. Is that marginal difference worth $20,000 for Harvard? Maybe if you want to broaden your career prospects, as HKS has better private sector placement. HKS definitely has the better brand name of the two, but (as others have pointed out) SIPA seems to be devoting more resources to the school in recent years including a new loan forgiveness program. Harvard's program isn't actually loan forgiveness. SIPA also has a combo of tuition assistance/stipend/salary for TAships compared with Harvard giving TAs a basic wage. 

Also, if each city factors into your consideration, I think New York offers a lot more for the money than Boston. $10,000 almost pays your rent in NYC for a year (if you're living in Harlem, at least).

Are any of these degrees with the money? That's a harder question. Good luck deciding!

Edited by soapwater

Just got my email -- accepted into the MPA program with a $20K fellowship + IFP.  I am shocked and honored!

That means there's still hope. Is there an additional benefit from being IFP?

Edited by alf10087

In (some time after 7pm eastern-- I'd given up hope of getting a result today)!  Congrats to all those accepted.

Hopefully those still waiting won't have to wait too long.

I'm seriously having an issue deciding where to go since I would much rather work in the private sector and I am not sure which program gives me a leg up in that area. I'm thinking that SIPA's location in NY would help with that, but I'm not sure. Anyone care to chip in on this?