My undergraduate school just asked me for a donation after rejecting me for grad school...

warbrain

Of course, this pales in comparison to my friend who got an e-mail looking for hosts for the visit weekend before she even got a rejection letter.

And before anyone asks, this department does accept its undergraduates for grad school - I can think of at least 5 current grad students who went here for undergrad, and 5 more who got accepted this year.

I would make a copy of my rejection letter and mail it in with the donation slip. I know it is somewhat out of the control of the people who sent it to you, but that still sucks. I'm sorry.

I know this sucks, but if it makes you feel any better, the office that runs the annual giving program know anything about what's going on with admissions.  :-(

I'm pretty much in the same boat of being rejected by my undergrad institution. I don't know about your school, but I do know that my undergrad institution hires students part-time to do these calls, so at least I would think twice before being snarky to the donations team if I do get called up.