Fall 2014 applicants??

Congrats! Are you planning to visit?

Probably. I have to talk to my SO and see what sort of funds we can scrape up, but I love OR and despite the low stipend the program is one of my top choices. I mean, the stipend is more than I make as an adjunct now so...

What about you?

Probably. I have to talk to my SO and see what sort of funds we can scrape up, but I love OR and despite the low stipend the program is one of my top choices. I mean, the stipend is more than I make as an adjunct now so...

What about you?

I'm on the fence. I love Oregon, but I have some other considerations that make CA more optimal, location-wise. And there's the money, which shouldn't matter, but it does. And I really, really, really want to work with a professor at ASU. I feel like by the time I weigh everything out, the only reason to prefer Oregon would be if there is something drastically wrong with all the other programs upon closer inspection, which seems unlikely. I'm waiting to hear back from my undergrad mentor about her PhD experience at Oregon; unless she talks me out of it, I am likely to decline their offer without springing for the visit.

Harvard and UConn acceptances up...doesn't bode we'll for me at either institution. I suppose I should give it a couple of days though-but I doubt I will get into Harvard. My subject score was good but my verbal was so so at 162 and I know they care about these things. UConn rejected me 2 years ago; let's see what they say this time around.

2 R, 2 implied R, 1 wait list, and 6 schools to go including Harvard and UConn. Starting to feel a bit desperate. Tat number may be down to 4 by the end of the week...

Edited by shortstack51

Ugh. I didn’t even apply to Brown, but the bloodbath on the results page is giving me a stomach ache. I’m wishing ice cream and cookies to all of you having a hard time right now. 

I was thinking about this the other day. So far, the results board has been relatively green mostly but the further we move toward March the redder it'll get.

Harvard and UConn acceptances up...doesn't bode we'll for me at either institution. I suppose I should give it a couple of days though-but I doubt I will get into Harvard. My subject score was good but my verbal was so so at 162 and I know they care about these things. UConn rejected me 2 years ago; let's see what they say this time around.

The English dept. at UConn emailed me the offer, but it's not reflected on the site yet. Fingers crossed for you shortstack!

Hilarious. Rejected from Brown and accepted to UConn within 20 minutes of each other.

I got in! I checked my spam box for the hell of it and the e-mail was in there!!

Congratulations to both of you! I'm waiting to hear back from UConn's MA program.. hopefully this means I'll hear soon.