Fall 2014 applicants??

Did anyone else get accepted to UT Knoxville? My letter seemed really... unusual for an acceptance letter. I wonder if anyone else had the same experience.

I believe that I was "shortlisted" for funding, and that they would accept me if a teaching associateship became available. I was a bit confused at the time, and have yet to contact the DGS. I assume that I'm waitlisted, so I can't help solve any confusion for those that were outright accepted, but yep...confusing.  

FYI to all the ASU applicants out there, they are still deliberating on their second round of admits. I guess they’ve accepted some and rejected some, but it looks like they are doing what Purdue is doing. 

Rochester rejections have been posted that were offered MA spots, so I'm guessing those who haven't heard are just rejections.

Oh well! One last school.

NOOOO!!!!!

I didn't see any acceptances in the results search, has anyone here been accepted to Rochester? I thought maybe they were sending out rejections first . . . I was trying not to let my hopes get crushed just yet. : (

Well someone got accepted days ago. I think it was semicolon maybe, if I remember correctly. So if they did PhD acceptances and then moved on to offering the consolation prize of the unfunded masters.

But this is all assumption! I have no idea. I really hope it's not the case!!!

Edited by andrewcycs

Congrats to the person who got the acceptance! I don't know how I missed that, the first thing I do is Control+F every school I applied to on this thread before I go on and read the posts, haha. 

Lol! I know it wasn't posted on the results board, but he or she told me in this thread a page or two back. It's also on the Rochester thread. But they are not going to accept. Maybe by some fluke they accepted all people who will be attending elsewhere. :D

And then Rochester will come groveling to us!

Lol! I know it wasn't posted on the results board, but he or she told me in this thread a page or two back. It's also on the Rochester thread. But they are not going to accept. Maybe by some fluke they accepted all people who will be attending elsewhere. :D

And then Rochester will come groveling to us!

That'll be the day! But if it happens, it should happen immediately. 

I got an e-mail from a school telling me that their first round of apps is done, and based on the results of that round, another round may be done. They also said that my app is still under consideration. Do you mind telling me how to feel? Is this bad or is it good cuz at least I'm not rejected? I've really confused feelings but I think I'd rather feel bad.

I got an e-mail from a school telling me that their first round of apps is done, and based on the results of that round, another round may be done. They also said that my app is still under consideration. Do you mind telling me how to feel? Is this bad or is it good cuz at least I'm not rejected? I've really confused feelings but I think I'd rather feel bad.

Davis, huh? I would be excited that you weren't rejected--there's still hope!

I think it's a good thing.  I get the sense that even if there are others "ahead" of you, the school has way more good applicants than they can let in.  I don't think them getting their "second" and "third" choices are much of a drop off from the "first" choices.  I think someone earlier in this thread said that a DGS told him/her that each year they have about 100 perfectly qualified applicants, all of which they'd be happy to take but can't offer to nearly that many.  If you are # 25 instead of #5, I don't think it means much to them.  

If nothing else, they are probably used to digging into later rounds to build a cohort.  If you get in...in a "later" round, it's not as if you would be the only person ever to have gotten in during a "later" round.  The school probably has, every year, a mix of people who were their first, second, and third choices.  In other words, they're probably used to not having cohorts of entirely first choices, and there's no thinking less of you any more than they thought less of past second or third round choices, nor dramatic disappointment. 

Don't know if any of that makes sense.  I typed fast and gotta leave for a meeting.

Edited by purpleperson

I think it’s really interesting that, according to the boards, FSU has sent out Creative Writing and Rhetoric acceptances, but haven’t started notifying for the Literature program. 

I think it’s really interesting that, according to the boards, FSU has sent out Creative Writing and Rhetoric acceptances, but haven’t started notifying for the Literature program.

I would assume they're different adcomms, and they do things at different paces. I bet they come in soon :)