Fall 2014 applicants??

Congrats!!! 4 PhD spots is rough though. Did they say if they're sending out all notifications on Monday?

All she said was that the DGS would have word back to me by Monday. It sounded like they had picked their four, but they really liked my application and wanted to know if I would consider a spot in a funded MA. Hell yes, Syracuse, I would. They haven't notified the four they've chosen, I don't believe.

Was anyone accepted to Rutgers, or did they only notify those that were Waitlisted today? I'm starting to worry that today was good news day and Monday is the bloodbath. I hope not!

I feel the same way.... we just have to hold out hope. The email from their admin made it seem like Monday was going to be the day that all notifications got sent out.

All she said was that the DGS would have word back to me by Monday. It sounded like they had picked their four, but they really liked my application and wanted to know if I would consider a spot in a funded MA. Hell yes, Syracuse, I would. They haven't notified the four they've chosen, I don't believe.

Well that's great!  Sounds like you've got a good shot!

Being one of the four feels pretty unlikely for me though.

Well that's great! Sounds like you've got a good shot!

Being one of the four feels pretty unlikely for me though.

She did say it was "the most competitive pool in recent history" which seems like a common statement this year. Don't rule yourself out though! You never know :)

Ohhhh despejado! That's good news. Seems like they wouldn't give you false hope like that. :) I wish you the best! You're going to have a long weekend. Lol

That's exactly what I was thinking.. I'm not excited about waiting until Monday but it sounds like it's just a matter of making it official with the committee. Thank you so much for all your encouragement and positive vibes Andrew! Seems like they might've worked :) I'm still sending mine your way. I can't even explain how excited I am to be considered. I was starting to feel pretty down about this whole thing.

Thank you! I seriously just needed any kind of good news from anywhere. Now Monday feels like an eternity away...

Do something to distract yourself. That’s what I’m doing with Florida State (because waiting is driving me INSANE!). 

I recommend cooking. I am currently making Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes and Chipotle Crusted Pork Tenderloin. 

PS Grad school made me fat. 

Do something to distract yourself. That’s what I’m doing with Florida State (because waiting is driving me INSANE!).

I recommend cooking. I am currently making Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes and Chipotle Crusted Pork Tenderloin.

PS Grad school made me fat.

Holy shit that sounds delicious.

I just finished watching my little brother play a state playoff basketball game and I'm going to Austin with my mom tomorrow to pass some time and celebrate my morsel of possibly good news. Hopefully that makes the hours go a little faster. If you wanna share that recipe tho...

Edited by despejado

Holy shit that sounds delicious.

I just finished watching my little brother play a state playoff basketball game and I'm going to Austin with my mom tomorrow to pass some time and celebrate my morsel of possibly good news. Hopefully that makes the hours go a little faster. If you wanna share that recipe tho...

I found them on Pinterest :)

Sweet Potatoes: http://www.laurenslatest.com/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes-with-walnut-streusel/

Pork: http://trickschefs.net/showthread.php?tid=432

Was anyone accepted to Rutgers, or did they only notify those that were Waitlisted today? I'm starting to worry that today was good news day and Monday is the bloodbath. I hope not!

I had spoken with the DGS and he said they were still making their decisions, and that they'd notify some time next week.

Of course, despejado, I'll be soooo happy for you if you get in. :) That will make my strike out more bearable to see you guys succeeding!

And Kamisha, what's your address, because I am so coming over to eat all your food!

GradCafe dinner party? :)

I created a “Literary Lifestyle Blog” this week and one thing I’m going to do weekly on it is gourmet eating on a grad student budget. I discovered a love for cooking this last year, signed up for the Top Chef University online lessons for $59 bucks (yes, I know, I’m a sucker....it’s been great, though), and cooking is what has kept me sane through my thesis and this application season. 

I say we should all go to the same PhD program and just have fancy dinners every night. 

I was about to comment on the Stanford acceptance--didn't apply, but I'd remembered there were a number of people waiting on it. I'm waiting on Princeton myself--they should be notifying soon if past years' results are any indication. Sadly, my next two schools after that don't notify until March.

I too am nervously awaiting Rutgers. Why would they tell the wait list crowd before the accept/reject? Any of you doing postcolonial? Kamisha, I have found cooking to be a relaxing and rewarding escape from the stresses of my MA program and teaching. Don't think you're too much of a sucker, I almost pulled the trigger on a French bread baking class. I think I might gain 50 pounds per loaf as I'd be too greedy to share!

Edited by arober6912

That is AWESOME! Fingers crossed!

I too am nervously awaiting Rutgers. Why would they tell the wait list crowd before the accept/reject? Any of you doing postcolonial? Kamisha, I have found cooking to be a relaxing and rewarding escape from the stresses of my MA program and teaching. Don't think you're too much of a sucker, I almost pulled the trigger on a French bread baking class. I think I might gain 50 pounds per loaf as I'd be too greedy to share!

French bread sounds AMAZING. 

I'm a Victorianist. How about everyone else that's come forward in the Rutgers crowd?

I too am nervously awaiting Rutgers. Why would they tell the wait list crowd before the accept/reject?

You got me!

Someone suggested that maybe acceptances went out today today too, it's just that no one with an acceptance posted on results . . . I'm really hoping that's not the case as that only leaves rejections, and Rutgers is tied with UMich as my top choice (and as I haven't heard from UMich, I've sorta lost hope where that program is concerned/but still secretly hoping for a miracle).