NPSIA Fall 2013 Applicants

kdav

Hey guys,

For those of you still waiting to hear from NPSIA (like myself) good luck.  I'm hoping they really make decisions soon, as I need to take summer economics courses and plan a move from Vancouver if my application does end up being succesful. 

Anyways, I emailed uOttawa about when they would be sending out notification of acceptance or denial into the Public & Intl Affairs MA program.  I was told that it would be either by the end of this week or early next week. 

I'm not sure what to make of the person who posted on the results search page.

Hey!

I'm also moving from Vancouver to Ottawa this summer! I just wanted to let you know that Tabbatha approved the Economics classes from TRU-OL so that you can take Micro & Macro by distance. The wonderful thing about this is that they are way cheaper than SFU, UBC, etc. and you can register at anytime and finish at your own pace. Just wanted to let you know!

Good luck !

Hey!

I'm also moving from Vancouver to Ottawa this summer! I just wanted to let you know that Tabbatha approved the Economics classes from TRU-OL so that you can take Micro & Macro by distance. The wonderful thing about this is that they are way cheaper than SFU, UBC, etc. and you can register at anytime and finish at your own pace. Just wanted to let you know!

Good luck !

That's great news (assuming I can actually get into the program lol).  Thanks for the info!

@TheLengendof congrats on the acceptance.  You're lucky to have found out so quickly (relative to some other applicants for the program).  Thanks for the update!

In case anyone waiting on  GSPIA and isn't following the other forum, I thought I'd post this here too: 

I just called GSPIA . She told me this was a great time to call as the committee had just finished most of their decisions and offers were being sent out as the grad studies office 

She confirmed that I've been recommended for admission by the admissions committee and that my file is just under final review by the graduate department. She said I should expect my infoweb to be updated shortly and that a letter should soon follow!

In case anyone waiting on  GSPIA and isn't following the other forum, I thought I'd post this here too: 

I just called GSPIA . She told me this was a great time to call as the committee had just finished most of their decisions and offers were being sent out as the grad studies office 

She confirmed that I've been recommended for admission by the admissions committee and that my file is just under final review by the graduate department. She said I should expect my infoweb to be updated shortly and that a letter should soon follow!

Congrats on the acceptance!  I tried calling again now (didn't even get a chance to say my name or student number), but I was told I would be updated by the end of the week.  You're lucky you got an answer.

Edited by jkh26

Congrats on the acceptance!  I tried calling again now (didn't even get a chance to say my name or student number), but I was told I would be updated by the end of the week.  You're lucky you got an answer.

That's so weird. The woman I spoke to was super helpful and when I explained that I had other offers on the table and was trying to make an informed decision, she looked me up right away with my Ottawa student number. I only asked her if she knew when a decision would be reached. 

That's so weird. The woman I spoke to was super helpful and when I explained that I had other offers on the table and was trying to make an informed decision, she looked me up right away with my Ottawa student number. I only asked her if she knew when a decision would be reached. 

I guess it's the luck of who answers the phone.  She seemed annoyed when I asked about it, but maybe she received a few calls asking the same thing.

I think I'll just wait for an answer.  Seems like I should know either way soon.

We're in the same cluster! :-D

(My first choice when I applied was International Institutions and Global Governance so it sounds pretty close).

Awesome! I hope they clarify the whole cluster thing soon but I'm not as impatient as I was few weeks ago :)

And kdav unfortunately I won't be in Ottawa for the spring fling get together but I'm sure we'll all be meeting soon enough!

Edited by thesage

I just wanted to let you folks know that I asked Tabbatha the other day about the deposit. Apparently there is one but there was some sort of problem somewhere, probably miscommunication. We will receive an e-mail sometimes within the next couple of days (no ETA yet) about this, and how to proceed. It will be $150.

Cheers

-CC

Edited by Cybercollector

She just sent the emails now. I stand corrected, I must have misheard her. A deposit of $160, not $150.

No change in my cluster (conflict analysis and conflict resolution).

-CC

Edited by Cybercollector

She just sent the emails now. I stand corrected, I must have misheard her. A deposit of $160, not $150.

No change in my cluster (conflict analysis and conflict resolution).

-CC

I didn't get an email? Do you think she sent one to everyone? 

I didn't get an email? Do you think she sent one to everyone? 

I wonder if it's because I'm in the stupid joint JD-MA?

Ugh, I really wish U of O would get back to my about law school, if I'm not in that would be fine but I'd like to know where I stand.  Considering the deadline for law was November 1st and I heard from the other law schools in January, I'm really beginning to get frustrated with U of O law. 

:-( 

Hi rmrda,

Send me a PM with your email. I'll forward you my copy.

-CC

I probably should have a little bit more patience as Tabbatha just sent the email to all MA-JD candidates. 

Thanks though! 

Long time lurker on this thread. Decided to finally post after getting the email with the curriculum changes. Is no one else disappointed in the way this way handled and in the change of curriculum?

Hi cati_mb. What has disappointed you about the curriculum change?

I know I was a little sketched out by the fact that all this happened AFTER we applied. That struck me as strange. 

Edited by Blake091

It's so soon to the deadline to respond to the offer of admission also. I feel like more time could have been given.

I don't really want to go into it too much here. But when I added together the credits it did seem to hangs the way the program was structured

I suggest calling them.  My application is on "hold," which I assume is the waitlist.  I only found this out through calling.  When I called I was told that it was just a matter of waiting (which has been painful already).  She also told me that she would be sending out an email to all the "hold" applicants letting them know that they were on hold, but I haven't received any emails indicating the status of my application.  I called the early in the week of the 18th I think (the week the first acceptance letters were sent out), and she told me the email would go out either late that week or early the next.  

However, every university I've applied to has been late in replying, if they have replied at all.  When I spoke to Carleton they were at least polite.  My experience contacting the equivalent uOttawa program has been mostly rude and unhelpful.