Happy April 15th! Where are you attending this coming Fall?

I'll be doing my master's at Simon Fraser University in Canada! I'd love to here where other people are going in Canada 

Edit: oops, in Statistics

Edited by bedmas

Guest dot.matrix

Congrats kimolas! Maybe I will be seeing you around at Carnegie Mellon because I am *totally* going to be taking advantage of the fact that I can take courses at CMU (e.g. machine learning) as a University of Pittsburgh biostatistics PhD student. 

Guest dot.matrix

You too! I am looking forward to it! Already have my apartment lined up (students at visit day recommended to start looking now). I liked the city when I visited (a little cold but I think they had a late winter this year).  Very affordable. People were very nice. Lots of grad students and young professionals.  I think I am going to have to become more of a sports fan to live there. :)   I visited the Carnegie Mellon campus and wow it was cool.  Big electronic screens in the hallways instead of bulletin boards or what have you. 

UW Biostats for me. I was fortunate to have heard from most of the programs I was interested in very early so I made my decision over a month ago. Really came down to either going to one of UW/UNC or staying near home and going to UCLA, then I realized I didn't have any obligations to stay in California and UW had more perks for me than UNC(including the dept's proximity to the Stats department and more familiar culture in the west coast).

Anyone else going to UW? Perhaps we can discuss some stuff like housing and how we plan to move there!

UW Biostats for me. I was fortunate to have heard from most of the programs I was interested in very early so I made my decision over a month ago. Really came down to either going to one of UW/UNC or staying near home and going to UCLA, then I realized I didn't have any obligations to stay in California and UW had more perks for me than UNC(including the dept's proximity to the Stats department and more familiar culture in the west coast).

Anyone else going to UW? Perhaps we can discuss some stuff like housing and how we plan to move there!

heading to UW pure math!

I'm moving from overseas, and I'm tempted to just live on campus for the first year.