Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Hi! Have you decided where are you going to accept the offer?

That was an odd quote to pick out to get my attention. Honestly, you're lucky that I navigated back -- definitely lucky that I navigated back at this particular moment, too. I got bad news from my waitlist last night, so I'll be going to South Carolina. 

Edited by wwmiv

CONGRATS!

Going to a PhD without funding is a terrible idea. My advice would be to work on your application and try again next year. If you're going to do this, pick the better fit between Florida and Claremont (unless there is a big difference in cost, in which case I would go with the cheaper one). But seriously, reapply next year. Doing a PhD without funding is a terrible idea.

Seconded. Going into debt over a Ph.D. is a terrible decision. 

Whether you get a job in the US has nothing to do with whether you attend a public or private university. 

Accepted UCR (with funding) !!!  Anybody else joining UCR for Fall 2014?

Accepted UCR (with funding) !!!  Anybody else joining UCR for Fall 2014?

I almoooost ended up going to UCR. I turned it down cause Pittsburgh was a better fit for me, but it really hurt to do so! Visited UCR and absolutely loved the department. I'm sure you'll have a great time! 

I almoooost ended up going to UCR. I turned it down cause Pittsburgh was a better fit for me, but it really hurt to do so! Visited UCR and absolutely loved the department. I'm sure you'll have a great time! 

CONGRATS! I am sure Pittsburgh is a good choice.

Congrats! What are your interests, if I may ask?

Thank you. I have actually more than one area, but to sum up; state&religion, development, democracy. I want to major on comparative politics.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd check in again. After my initial application cycle came to a close in late March, I was contacted by UW if I was interested in going as a late admit to their Jackson School MAIS program. I jumped on the chance, and I am officially now admitted and moving to Seattle this coming August. Thank you everyone, for the support you've given me. And if anyone has any suggestions as to relocation tips, etc, I am all ears...

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say, I got financial aid! LSU gave it me in July, so I'm making visa right now and coming to the U.S.! Meet a new future PhD in Politics) Big thanks for everybody who replied me and especially the guy named IR IR IR PhD! He came up with an idea to rewrite and resend my SoP. I did it and this worked. I owe you a drink, dude)

Just wanted to say, I got financial aid! LSU gave it me in July, so I'm making visa right now and coming to the U.S.! Meet a new future PhD in Politics) Big thanks for everybody who replied me and especially the guy named IR IR IR PhD! He came up with an idea to rewrite and resend my SoP. I did it and this worked. I owe you a drink, dude)

Congrats, MiroslavBass! That is huge news indeed. You're headed to a great program.