Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Ha thank you! I can't wait to meet everyone going over. And yes Andy and I have a great deal in common, our last names being just one thing. And Congrats to you as well!

So happy I've been selected for Malaysia!

Congrats!! Looking forward to meeting you. Also, your username fills me with joy, assuming it's inspired by Andy Bernard. We're going to be friends.

I'm also going to Malaysia!!! Excited to meet all of yall :)

Hey everybody! Congratulations on the ETA to Malaysia! I got  accepted as well and I can't wait to meet all of you!

Now we begin another sort of waiting game, waiting until we leave in January!

Eurasian applicants, is this week the week? I believe it was Thursday that someone called Alyssa Yeng (thank you!!) and asked about notification dates. I seem to remember the woman sending out notifications was coming back to her office on Monday (today)

Going to Malaysia!!!

Congrats!! Looking forward to meeting you. Also, your username fills me with joy, assuming it's inspired by Andy Bernard. We're going to be friends.

So happy I've been selected for Malaysia!

I'm also going to Malaysia!!! Excited to meet all of yall :)

Congratulations!!!! Very excited for you guys :D

P.S. Please don't forget to put the EST time that you received your email when you update the spreadsheet.

Eurasian applicants, is this week the week? I believe it was Thursday that someone called Alyssa Yeng (thank you!!) and asked about notification dates. I seem to remember the woman sending out notifications was coming back to her office on Monday (today)

When I called Alyssa Yeng on Thursday, she did mention that they are hoping to have notifications out this week, since the person who can move the process forward is back in the office this morning. However, she didn't sound terribly confident that they would get it done within that timeframe, and added that next week could be a possibility as well. Not sure how much point there is in speculating, but my money would be on Thursday or Friday of this week, if at all. 

When I called Alyssa Yeng on Thursday, she did mention that they are hoping to have notifications out this week, since the person who can move the process forward is back in the office this morning. However, she didn't sound terribly confident that they would get it done within that timeframe, and added that next week could be a possibility as well. Not sure how much point there is in speculating, but my money would be on Thursday or Friday of this week, if at all. 

OK thank you so much! It's getting to be past the point where I actually am forgetting I did submit a Fulbright application! Keeping busy and I hope you are all keeping busy, as well!

Brazil - it's this week. Not "soon" and not "hopefully this week". It's actually this week. I called and asked and she gave me a very definite "this week."

Who did you call, if you don't mind me asking? I'm waiting for Colombia...(they said mid April, but they also said "We'll get back to you soon in February).

Who did you call, if you don't mind me asking? I'm waiting for Colombia...(they said mid April, but they also said "We'll get back to you soon in February).

I called Jody Dudderer, the Brazil program manager. Brazil has a different program manager than the rest of South America, but your person is Susan Muendi. 

Brazil actually has a different Program Manager (Jody Dudderar) than the rest of the Western Hemisphere.  I'm waiting for Colombia as well and would be immensely grateful if you wanted to call our PM Susan Muendl - I emailed her a few weeks ago and that was the source of the "mid-April" info.  I was actually thinking about calling today as well, so if you can't do it let me know, and I'll make a point of trying to do it sometime this afternoon when I can get away from my desk (and boss) at work.

Anyways, here's the contact info (from http://us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/selectedregion/18):
Susan Muendl
212-984-5366
smuendl@iie.org

Oh my god. I can't believe this. I'm an alternate AGAIN. I don't even know what to think right now.

Both congrats and sorry about your alternate status! Did you just receive your notification? If so, what country did you apply for?

the spreadsheet's all out of whack again....

@tieloran for which country? there is still hope.

Both congrats and sorry about your alternate status! Did you just receive your notification? If so, what country did you apply for?

I just received it, for Malta. I know there's still hope, but that's how I felt for months last year too, so it feels horrible right now. This is my second year in limbo.

I'm sorry! But we're keeping up hope that this time, you'll be chosen. You're still in the running! *fingers crossed*

good luck tieloran! i really hope that everything works out for you. 

Thanks, guys.  :)

congratulations!!! i am hoping that all of these Asian notifications means that Vietnam will be released soon. 

Have you tried calling? When I emailed Jonathan Ackley, he did not respond...

Oh my god. I can't believe this. I'm an alternate AGAIN. I don't even know what to think right now.

Congratulations on your alternate status (because there is still hope), but I am sorry that you have to go through this experience again. It hasn't even been a whole month for me and I am already tired of this limbo business. I really hope you get bumped up this time and SOON.

Have you tried calling? When I emailed Jonathan Ackley, he did not respond...

I haven't.... I just assumed that they've been inundated with questions and wouldn't be able to give a clear answer anyway...

seeing as Vietnam heard back MAY 2nd last yr, I'm trying not to be impatient but it's really difficult!