Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Korea ETA Non-Select.

Well, I'm going to go teach English in Korea somehow, so not getting Fulbright just makes the process a little harder. Any advice anyone has for pursuing a teaching job in Korea (preferably Seoul) would be greatly appreciated - I think someone on here was talking about it? If you could DM me, that would be amazing.

EPIK PROGRAM!!! That was my plan b... I'd get on it now though - I hear Seoul slots fill up fast. 

GOING TO KOREA (ETA)! Given the confrontational nature of my interview and the fact that I am an engineering major, I was pretty shocked. CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who was accepted and condolences to everyone who received bad news. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone! Has anyone started a Facebook group?

I'M GOING TO KOREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Korea, Full Research!

(P) in the title, says I will get a letter later in snail mail.

CONGRATULATIONS arigold36 and laurelhardy58!!! I was hoping SOMEONE would get notified today! Hoooraaahhh!! You must be grinning ear to ear right about now!

Found out I am accepted to Denmark! I'm still in shock. Sweden, hopefully you're soon!

Korea ETA Non-Select.

Well, I'm going to go teach English in Korea somehow, so not getting Fulbright just makes the process a little harder. Any advice anyone has for pursuing a teaching job in Korea (preferably Seoul) would be greatly appreciated - I think someone on here was talking about it? If you could DM me, that would be amazing.

HOORAAYY mmm97 and CONGRATULATIONS!! Wow, Korea! That is just really exciting!! Way to go!

Comlicaits, I'm truly sorry they did not fund you. I've no doubt you'd be a wonderful English teacher...and you will be!! I love your tenacious spirit and I honestly believe you will find a way there. Fulbright is not the be-all end-all. There are many funding sources to teach English in Asia and I know one of them will be perfect for you!

Found out I am accepted to Denmark! I'm still in shock. Sweden, hopefully you're soon!

Ooooops!! Sorry, mmm97, I meant to write Denmark!! A country I'd like to visit one day. Congratulations!!!

Still waiting on a notification for ETA to Tajikistan. Received a save the date email for the orientation in DC. Has anyone else?!

Was driving when I updated my email and saw Fulbright. Had to pullover... Only to be teased.

Congrats to the new South Korean ETAs and researchers! We're excited to see you guys soon!

Just a heads up, but an official Fulbright facebook group will be set up for you guys later. I was the dude who set up the unoffical group last year, and I ended up taking it down in 24 hours. Hahah, good times :)

I would recommend THIS though. :)

Edited by jstranberg

Okay I'll take the current o

Congrats to the new South Korean ETAs and researchers! We're excited to see you guys soon!

Just a heads up, but an official Fulbright facebook group will be set up for you guys later. I was the dude who set up the unoffical group last year, and I ended up taking it down in 24 hours. Hahah, good times :)

I would recommend THIS though. :)

Okay thanks for the heads up I'll take the unofficial one down!

Still waiting on a notification for ETA to Tajikistan. Received a save the date email for the orientation in DC. Has anyone else?!

Was driving when I updated my email and saw Fulbright. Had to pullover... Only to be teased.

Lurker here, finally joining - the wait is intense. I am also awaiting notification for a Full Research/Study grant to Tajikistan. I did NOT receive a save-the-date email... auspicious sign for you, ominous sign for me I think. When did you receive the email? Did you also have an interview with the US Embassy in Tajikistan in late February?

IT WAS A (P)!!!

Omo! OMG! Omo!

tumblr_n2o6hiTLqw1sh559jo1_250.gif

I am so excited and my parents sounded so happy when I told them over the phone (even though they are sad I'll be so far from home). I was convinced that I was going to be an alternate, so I can't even. Actually, I didn't even see the email from Fulbright because my fellowship office had sent me like three congratulatory emails right after they found out as well. I can't wait to meet all of the other Korea ETAs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I really want to congratulate everyone that got recommended even if you didn't get it. I have been amazed to see all the people on this forum and was doubting myself because you all seem so smart and accomplished

Edited by GnosisExchange

IT WAS A (P)!!!

Omo! OMG! Omo!

I am so excited and my parents sounded so happy when I told them over the phone (even though they are sad I'll be so far from home). I was convinced that I was going to be an alternate, so I can't even. Actually, I didn't even see the email from Fulbright because my fellowship office had sent me like three congratulatory emails right after they found out as well. I can't wait to meet all of the other Korea ETAs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I really want to congratulate everyone that got recommended even if you didn't get it. I have been amazed to see all the people on this forum and was doubting myself because you all seem so smart and accomplished

About time!!! I was hoping you got it ! yay! Say hi to G-Dragon from me haha

IT WAS A (P)!!!

Omo! OMG! Omo!

Yay!!!! Congratulations GnosisExchange!!!!! That's fantastic news!!!

GOING TO KOREA (ETA)! Given the confrontational nature of my interview and the fact that I am an engineering major, I was pretty shocked. CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who was accepted and condolences to everyone who received bad news. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone! Has anyone started a Facebook group?

Hey CONGRATS!! I also applied but unfortunately was Not Selected. Did you apply for the Elementary position? I have been lurking for a while and decided to make an account. Anyways, congrats!!!!

Sooo...just throwing this out there because I know that there is a ridiculous wealth of knowledge on this forum: Does anyone know what the likelihood of moving from an Alternate to an Accepted in Korea has been in past years?

Also, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone accepted so far!! To those accepted for Korea ETA, I really really really hope to see you in Korea this year!  

And of course my condolences to those not selected; but do not lose heart! If you really want to teach in Korea there are so many other opportunities! Good luck to you all!!

To those who were not selected for the Korea ETA, I highly recommend you apply for EPIK (English Program In Korea). I just completed a year contract with them and it was one of the best decisions I made. The application process can be a bit rigorous, but it's worth it. I applied through Korvia, a certified recruiting agency that works with EPIK and it's free. Fell free to message me if you have any questions.  :D

Congratulations to the Malaysian ETAs! There will be a Facebook group you will be invited to within the next few months connecting you with us current ETAs to address any and all questions and concerns you may have.

Best of luck to the rest of you waiting.

Lurker here, finally joining - the wait is intense. I am also awaiting notification for a Full Research/Study grant to Tajikistan. I did NOT receive a save-the-date email... auspicious sign for you, ominous sign for me I think. When did you receive the email? Did you also have an interview with the US Embassy in Tajikistan in late February?

Hey, I am also on the C. Asian train (Turkmenistan). I know that ETAs must to do a D.C. orientation for most C. Asian countries. Is that in your research description on the Fulbright website? 

First time posting - I received a Fulbright ETA to South Korea! I would love to connect to other ETAs. Someone said that there was a Facebook group, but I am having a hard time locating it. Anyone know how to find it?

At this point in time, I'm not 100% sure I will be accepting it, as I was recently awarded a fellowship for a master's degree in secondary social studies education. I will be making a few phone calls over the next few days to figure out what my best option is (although if anyone has advice, opinions, etc., I would certainly be open to them).

First time posting - I received a Fulbright ETA to South Korea! I would love to connect to other ETAs. Someone said that there was a Facebook group, but I am having a hard time locating it. Anyone know how to find it?

At this point in time, I'm not 100% sure I will be accepting it, as I was recently awarded a fellowship for a master's degree in secondary social studies education. I will be making a few phone calls over the next few days to figure out what my best option is (although if anyone has advice, opinions, etc., I would certainly be open to them).

Congrats Matt! It sounds like you have some awesome options. If you do decide to do Fulbright, it'll be a pleasure to meet you.