MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

ooh hopefully good news!! What program did you apply to? Epi?

Hi, 2014app!

I have applied to MPH: Family and Community Medicine.

Just mailed them to know the decision, still waiting for reply.

Hi all- congratulations to those who have received admission and all the best to everyone waiting! My usask status has changed to "decision made: dept recommended- conditional". Anyone know what this means?

Congrats!  This is making me nervous as mine still says "complete ready for review"  :unsure:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi all- congratulations to those who have received admission and all the best to everyone waiting! My usask status has changed to "decision made: dept recommended- conditional". Anyone know what this means?

Congratulations ShelbyH!

Congrats ShelbyH! 

I was wondering if any applicants to USask are still waiting for documents to arrive? My status still says "incomplete". Even though I am positive my documents were sent in on time.

Thanks a bunch guys! My stats may give you some hope, they're not quite as impressive the stats of others. I'm graduating with an honours specialization health sciences with a certificate in practical French, my overall average is around 81, and for my last 2 years around 83. I have some experience from a practicum placement I've been doing at a local hospital that deals with rehab for people with acquired brain injuries. I submitted my application on January 15th, so hopefully admissions are on the way for the rest of you!

Thanks a bunch guys! My stats may give you some hope, they're not quite as impressive the stats of others. I'm graduating with an honours specialization health sciences with a certificate in practical French, my overall average is around 81, and for my last 2 years around 83. I have some experience from a practicum placement I've been doing at a local hospital that deals with rehab for people with acquired brain injuries. I submitted my application on January 15th, so hopefully admissions are on the way for the rest of you!

Thanks for sharing your stats, ShelbyH!  It looks like they take long to go through the applications.  I submitted my last piece of document on Feb 17 so I guess I will have to wait a little longer to hear back.

Cannot Believe This! Just received reply from the department stating that I will receive official mail about application decision within the next week or so. They cannot relay information via e-mail. :wacko:

this is going to be a long week.

Congrats ShelbyH! 

I was wondering if any applicants to USask are still waiting for documents to arrive? My status still says "incomplete". Even though I am positive my documents were sent in on time.

Congrats Shelby! 

My USask status is also incomplete and I submitted my documents before March 1st for sure (tracking via post)  but it was in Mid-February. I did hear from a USask applicant last year that they are kind of slow in processing as last year they had over 700 applicants. 

Edited by Student88

Congrats ShelbyH! Is USask your top choice?

Hello mph kinsfolk,

Just wanted to pop in and mention for those who have applied to Waterloo MPH and don't check regularly - check your Quest status, as I didn't receive any notification by email or phone but my status was changed as of yesterday (March 10th). Hoping this tip might minimize the agonizing wait time for those awaiting notification...

Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats ShelbyH! Is USask your top choice?

Thanks so much! I think queen's might be my top choice because it's much closer to home but I'm thrilled about the uSask offer because it seems like a good program! Assuming I can survive 2 winters in Saskatoon

Hello, do they make decisions for international students and Canadians at different periods because I submitted my docs at usask since November and status has not changed.

Hi everyone,

my Usask application changed last week to "dept. recommend" does anyone know how long it take the CGSR to approve these? and if we will be notified my e-mail when that occurs? This process is slightly confusing,

Thanks!

Hi, I have applied to MPH at Guelph for fall 2014, does anyone know about their acceptance rate or approximately how many students they accept for the program? 

Hi everyone,

my Usask application changed last week to "dept. recommend" does anyone know how long it take the CGSR to approve these? and if we will be notified my e-mail when that occurs? This process is slightly confusing,

Thanks!

Hi there,

From what I understand and have read from previous years, it takes about a couple weeks for the CGSR to review recommended applications and once they have been approved, you receive a confirmation/acceptance email. Hope this helps, and if anyone knows more about the process, please add.

Hi, I have applied to MPH at Guelph for fall 2014, does anyone know about their acceptance rate or approximately how many students they accept for the program? 

Hi there,

U of Guelph receives about 250 applications and admits 25 applicants.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Congratulations, bstar!  When did you apply/completed your application?  I have to put down my deposit for another school soon and it's frustrating that I still haven't heard back from Usask  :(

Congratulations, bstar!  When did you apply/completed your application?  I have to put down my deposit for another school soon and it's frustrating that I still haven't heard back from Usask  :(

Thanks, but I am still feeling very anxious that I am not going to be admitted, I wish my applications still said 'ready to review'.... I am very confused by their process haha.

I applied at the beginning of February.... this may be a silly thought, as they say it is reviewed on an ongoing basis, but I am wondering if they process applications alphabetical? My name would be at the top of that list.

Thanks, but I am still feeling very anxious that I am not going to be admitted, I wish my applications still said 'ready to review'.... I am very confused by their process haha.

I applied at the beginning of February.... this may be a silly thought, as they say it is reviewed on an ongoing basis, but I am wondering if they process applications alphabetical? My name would be at the top of that list.

Their process is a little confusing. But I do not think it is alphabetical as my name would be at the bottom of the list. I applied back in early February and heard back from them last week, similar to your situation, bstar. This leads me to believe that they follow the "first come, first review" basis. Those who applied earlier may hear back earlier. Just my opinion.

Their process is a little confusing. But I do not think it is alphabetical as my name would be at the bottom of the list. I applied back in early February and heard back from them last week, similar to your situation, bstar. This leads me to believe that they follow the "first come, first review" basis. Those who applied earlier may hear back earlier. Just my opinion.

Well there goes that theory! haha they must do it first come, first serve,

thanks for the input! Are you going to accept an offer to U of S once your admission letter arrives?

I agree!  Their process is very unorganized compared to other universities!  But at least you're one step closer to finding out.  From what you posted, it looks like you got a green light from them  :)

If it's alphabetical, my application would be close to the bottom of the list  :(  Do you mind sharing your stats?

For all those that applied to U Sask for their distance program, the application didn't provide an option for distance.  I just emailed them as a reminder that I am interested in their distance program and they responded with "we will consider you as a distance student."  I've also stressed my interest in the distance program in my LOI but I guess that wasn't enough... Maybe it's a good idea to email them about this if anyone is aiming for the distance program.  

It depends on whether I get offers from other schools. I have heard great things about the Usask MPH program and it is quite competitive. I think a previous post indicated that close to 700 apply! That is more than UofT and UBC, they get under 400. Every school has something different to offer so it makes it difficult to make a decision. 

It depends on whether I get offers from other schools. I have heard great things about the Usask MPH program and it is quite competitive. I think a previous post indicated that close to 700 apply! That is more than UofT and UBC, they get under 400. Every school has something different to offer so it makes it difficult to make a decision. 

Congrats, IAmMPH!  I wonder what is the major factor that makes U Sask so popular.