Fall 2014 Applicants

Wow, I have been accepted to Oxford's pure maths and CS course. :D I am already dreading the tough decision I will have to make..

Congratulations!!! That sounds like an amazing problem, lol! :D

Congratulations!!! That sounds like an amazing problem, lol! :D

Thanks! It's a combined course, so it is not as if I would have to choose between two different Oxford courses. x) The choice is between Oxford and ETH Zurich. Still a great problem to have, though. ;)

Awesome! Congrats and good luck.

BTW what is your intended field of research?

Thanks! My field is High Performance Computing. The specific program I will be pursuing is the Computational Science, Mathematics, and Engineering (CSME) PhD.

A couple weeks ago I had posted here all panicky about a last-minute potential maybe-offer from Utah after I had accepted Purdue's offer. I didn't hear back from them until yesterday, when I sent an email to officially withdraw my application from Utah. The school was apologetic in neglecting to tell me that I hadn't been chosen after all. 

I'm just glad to have some closure (it helps having a clear reason why I'm not heading back to Utah where a lot of my relatives and friends are -- it's out of my control). My path is set, and I'm currently preparing to go to Purdue next month -- the only school that accepted me with funding!

So I have had 2 schools that I applied to send out a large batch of rejections before they sent out their acceptances as far as I can tell. 

I wasn't in either of those batches, so i can be happy about that, but this seems like a weird order to do things. 

I'm looking to take it as being unofficially wait listed, and maybe they already sent out a small first batch of aceptances.

I officially accepted the offer from University of Wisconsin-Madison today :) I felt that it was an easy decision after visiting.  It's a better research fit for me.

Good luck everyone!

Anyone know of a rough deadline for schools to provide a decision by? I've heard April 15th; though I'm not sure what the credibility behind that date is. 

Some schools seem so quick and others lack communication...

April 15th is the deadline most schools have for you to make a decision.  Have other students been posting results from the schools you are waiting on?  If so, I would call and ask what's going on...and always check your spam folder :)

April 15th is the deadline most schools have for you to make a decision.  Have other students been posting results from the schools you are waiting on?  If so, I would call and ask what's going on...and always check your spam folder :)

Most of the schools I've yet to hear from have very little in the results search (on the order of 5 or so). 

Hoping they send news out soon ;)

• 4 weeks later...