MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

What is the general rule of thumb with regards to interviews? Some programs do and some don't? Are there any programs that interview some and not others - but accept people they haven't interviewed?

Curious about this in particular to VCU, UCF & George Mason's interview policy so to speak.

Edited by BLR

I almost feel excited as I seen my Virginia Tech application status move from "Acknowledged" to "Received." Not sure what that means because in the little help box "Received" isn't one of the statuses available. So, no news. Damn. I really need to find something to do with my time besides pondering the possibilities. Like get a 2nd job or something. This is worse than waiting for the impending birth of a child.

I just got an email to interview at Cal Arts. Obviously not an acceptance but a step in the right direction and I'm thrilled. Hopefully I'll see a few of you there. Now to book a flight... 

That's awesome! Is your interview day March 13th also?

It cannot be next Monday fast enough. Is there anyone from here going to the UO grad review day thing next week? If anyone else is, there is also a folklore lecture the day before on the Malawi people. Come see neat lecture!

I took the entire week off from work to spend time out west. I hear there are areas of the world that aren't covered in snow. I don't believe that can be true. Next Sunday's forecast is another 12 inches for my area of NY, day before my flight out. New England doesn't want me to escape.

I wish I could go to the Open House.  Alas it doesn't make sense for me right now...(I'm in the Painting and drawing dept.)

Please put in a good word for me.  hehe.

That's awesome! Is your interview day March 13th also?

Yes it is. I believe everyone goes on the same day. My friend interviewed last year and that is what she told me. Are you going as well? I'm having issues with the registration link in the email... If I can't get it to work tomorrow I guess I'll just email the recruitment director back. I'm curious how many people are invited to interview versus how many slots are available. Do you know? 

Good luck on the interview tofutuesday!

Thanks!

by looking at last years forum, it seems that people were notified for Rutger's between the 20th and the 1st.  It seems like they didn't interview in the past and sent out acceptances and rejections close together.  Maybe those who applied will hear back as early as tomorrow, that would be a dream. good luck all! 

Yes it is. I believe everyone goes on the same day. My friend interviewed last year and that is what she told me. Are you going as well? I'm having issues with the registration link in the email... If I can't get it to work tomorrow I guess I'll just email the recruitment director back. I'm curious how many people are invited to interview versus how many slots are available. Do you know? 

Thanks!

Cool!

No I don't know the numbers...I'm expecting something like a 3:1 ratio, but that's a pretty uninformed guess. PM me if you or anyone else who is going for that matter, would like to meet.

I applied to ICP-Bard, Feb.28th skype

Hi Shaoceptual, thanks for the info. Just to clarify, ICP Bard and Bard (low res) are two different programs with (it seems) different timelines. Good luck with your interview tho.

Hey ya'll-

my first time posting here, I've been following along, terrified, for a while though :D

Has anyone heard from the fiber dept at VCU? I haven't slept for a while. ha

Cranbrook- phone interviewed 2/15

SAIC- interview 3/1

VCU- 

ack
my columbia slideroom just changed from 2014 painting MFA to 2014 painting

hopefully this is good. I am guessing it is not.

can other people check and let me know what their slideroom says?

thanks

ack

my columbia slideroom just changed from 2014 painting MFA to 2014 painting

hopefully this is good. I am guessing it is not.

can other people check and let me know what their slideroom says?

thanks

Mine still says MFA