2014 Applicants

MattDest

Same here, Shulie.  

Welp, it's Friday past 5. I'm going to try to stay off gradcafe and email for the weekend.  Even though I know there will be no news, it will still be tough to break the habit...

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Thanks! And lol - weekends are the worst for me - I can't stay off the grid, not even for an hour; hope it works for you though!

So, TIL that Jack Gleeson (Joffrey on HBO's Game of Thrones) wants to get a PhD in philosophy. I'll give him a pass for liking Zizek, because he is so perfectly hateable in the show. 

This actually doesn't surprise me. I watched a view interviews of Gleeson and found myself thinking "This is the kind of guy who might want to be an academic philosopher." No joke. I hope he gives it a go.

Edited by DHumeDominates

Impt update: blue stripes have appeared on MIT's application page. We are all rejected. 

to be fair though I just went to look at my blue stripes, and if I hadn't read about them first I definitely would have been like WHAT IS THIS WHAT DOES IT MEAN. 

This is kind of cryptic.  Assuming the blue stripes don't mean anything, where did you read about it besides the results page, which has no answers?

I'm assuming people are just freaking out over nothing... though it is weird they would bother to change the color.

Edited by philosophe

My stripes are green. Pretty sure that means I'm accepted into MIT and everybody else got rejected.

no not really and i would hazard a guess that the color of stripes means absolutely nothing and it's kind of funny to see everybody freak out about it. 

My stripes are green. Pretty sure that means I'm accepted into MIT and everybody else got rejected.

no not really and i would hazard a guess that the color of stripes means absolutely nothing and it's kind of funny to see everybody freak out about it. 

The fact that there are different colors is the only thing that makes me think there might be something going on. From red to black to blue and green? Seems like progress...for the record, mine is blue but I'd sure like to be the green one in the sea of blues.

The fact that there are different colors is the only thing that makes me think there might be something going on. From red to black to blue and green? Seems like progress...for the record, mine is blue but I'd sure like to be the green one in the sea of blues.

No, I'm totally joking. My stripes are also blue. I really thought all of this was sarcastic... 

It's posted in the results search that an someone scored an interview with Notre Dame. 

Interesting. I googled the program and it looks pretty interdisciplinary (history, philosophy, science, theology), so not sure if we can count it towards our cause. 

It's posted in the results search that an someone scored an interview with Notre Dame. 

From the history and philosophy of science program, which is a different admissions than straight up philosophy. If the person with that interview reads this good luck!

From the history and philosophy of science program, which is a different admissions than straight up philosophy. If the person with that interview reads this good luck!

My thoughts precisely. I've come to ignore those cross listed result submissions.