2014 Applicants

MattDest

With only one Duke acceptance, (and nobody on the forums willing to claim it) I'm starting to get suspicious. Last year, there were 5 who posted acceptance/waitlist in the same day.

Edited by TheVineyard

With only one Duke acceptance, (and nobody on the forums willing to claim it) I'm starting to get suspicious. Last year, there were 5 who posted acceptance/waitlist in the same day.

Oh I don't know, the person bothered to add their stats, etc. 

Why is it that there is always some one who questions the validity of the postings as they start to come up? Get over yourself. You didn't get notified by Duke yet. Big deal. Some one else did and some one has to be first. End of story. 

Edited by objectivityofcontradiction

Yes, but when we report that we report it as "website."

Also, the last two years it was a Wednesday not a Monday, etc etc. I think its a fake.

I'm guessing it's for real.  Keep in mind that decisions and wait-lists often trickle for a few days.  The department may not have notified everyone who's been admitted in the first round.  I do wish the person who posted would have given something more than the stats.  E.g. did a particular professor notify this person?  Was that professor someone who was named on this person's statement of purpose?

Why is it that there is always some one who questions the validity of the postings as they start to come up? Get over yourself. You didn't get notified by Duke yet. Big deal. Some one else did and some one has to be first. End of story. 

This is rather short-sighted, (dare I say blind?) Many, many, many, many, many times, including several this year, the posting has been fake. Many times they have been real. This posting is different in many ways (as noted) from the way Duke typically accepts. It might be real, it might not be, but I have already explained the many reasons that I think it is fake. I might be wrong, but I have reason to be unconvinced. If you think its real, that's fine. We will find out soon enough.

Edited by TheVineyard

I've noticed that there are far fewer posts on WGI this year than in years past. Perhaps that's an indication that fewer people want (or are aware that it's possible) to post results online. If that's the case, it would lend some credence to the Duke post's being legit.

I've noticed that there are far fewer posts on WGI this year than in years past. Perhaps that's an indication that fewer people want (or are aware that it's possible) to post results online. If that's the case, it would lend some credence to the Duke post's being legit.

Is that true? 3 from Cincin out of 10, 2 from OSU...were those numbers higher last year?

EDIT: It looks like OSU's trickle in.

Anyway, from what I can tell, about 30-50 percent of applicants post on grad cafe.

Edited by TheVineyard

I just checked past grad cafe posts out of curiosity. There were more Ohio posts last year, but not more for Cincinnati. Oddly, there are very few Cincinnati posts at all. Again, I don't think we can infer much, if anything, from this though.

Hi, 

I was the first Duke applicant to post up an acceptance on TGC. I didn't post here immediately because I got caught up at work.

Anyways, my funding details cover five years and as my post in TGC mentions, I'm pretty damn stoked. 

My areas of interest include moral psychology and applied ethics. There is a solid chance I might accept, but as it is still early in the admission season, I'm going to hold off before setting my sights on any one school.

Let me know if you guys have any questions and I'd be happy to clarify as best I can! 

Best of luck! 

Hi, 

I was the first Duke applicant to post up an acceptance on TGC. I didn't post here immediately because I got caught up at work.

Anyways, my funding details cover five years and as my post in TGC mentions, I'm pretty damn stoked. 

My areas of interest include moral psychology and applied ethics. There is a solid chance I might accept, but as it is still early in the admission season, I'm going to hold off before setting my sights on any one school.

Let me know if you guys have any questions and I'd be happy to clarify as best I can! 

Best of luck! 

Congrats on the acceptance!

Hi, 

Best of luck! 

Congrats, and thanks for filling us in! 

Hi, 

Best of luck! 

That is seriously awesome, congratulations! You must feel amazing. (Also, I see you're form JP -- hey from Brighton!)