International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

e-mail say ¨accepted¨. Online follow up say: Refused..(( This is the worse kind of confusion i have ever had. 

yeah same here, we are in the same shoes! currently drafting my email to them!

ok finally i got an email of acceptance from IHEID said like this 

We are pleased to inform you that the Admission Committee of the Graduate Institute, Geneva has decided to offer you admission to one of our programmes in light of your excellent academic credentials. In order to learn more about this decision, we invite you to return to the online admission module (https://campus.iheid.ch/ISAP/!formInscrs.connection?ww_c_formulaire=ADM_2014_2015&ww_c_langue=en) through which you submitted your application.

If you wish to learn more about confirming our admission offer and the different enrolment steps, our admission officers will be available weekly to answer your questions on the admission and enrolment procedure, during our online information sessions for admitted students (http://graduateinstitute.ch/home/admissions/meet-us/online-information-sessions.html).

The Institute's student association has created a "Meet our Current Students" initiative, which will enable you to get in touch with current students via Facebook or Email to ask them any question you may have on student life in Geneva. http://mygisa.ch/meet-students/ 

However I check the website, and it said "refused".

I heard only the email decision is binding, I think I should send them an email :-ss 

Same thing happened to me. Either the mail is a mistake or their infantile online system is messed up :S

I just called them up, I have the same- they said there has been a technical glitch and that the administration team is working on it at the moment...... 

Thanks for this information. However, do you by any chance know which source is accurate?

I sincerely hope their online platform is screwed, the probability of that happening is higher. Sorry to ask this question but anyone out here who got a rejection mail?

Well since the portal says email is binding, I hope, they will have to accept us all to save their faces:p

haha that's true, i wonder how are they dealing with this if it is the case that the portal is right :|

Edited by gemy

yeah I just sent out my email to ask them, I hope we figured what is going on soon! 

Same boat. I got an e-mail with the following wording..."We are pleased to inform you that the Admission Committee of the Graduate Institute, Geneva has decided to offer you admission to one of our programmes in light of your excellent academic credentials. In order to learn more about this decision..." But when I go to the application module, I got a refusal. Could you confirm? 

I sent a reply back to the e-mail, on Facebook, and to Paola. Hopefully, one will be able to respond before the end of the day.

But whatever they did, they put a lot of applicants in limbo --they probably broke a few hearts because of the mistake.

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading (stalking actually!) this thread for a long time. I thought I'd write once I knew the IHEID decision. My decision is the same as all of yours.. Says accepted in the email but refused on the online portal. This totally sucks . I only hope that the online portal is wrong :/

Well since the portal says email is binding, I hope, they will have to accept us all to save their faces:p

I've had the same email/update and completely agree with you, SIXX! They just can't toy with it like this - glitch, human factor, whatevs. Depending on how many of us it ends up concerning, and if we weren't meant to be admitted, I'd say let's push for them creating extra space for us, by way of cleaning up this bizarre mess!

I've had the same email/update and completely agree with you, SIXX! They just can't toy with it like this - glitch, human factor, whatevs. Depending on how many of us it ends up concerning, and if we weren't meant to be admitted, I'd say let's push for them creating extra space for us, by way of cleaning up this bizarre mess!

I hope they will have to create extra spaces for us. This is unacceptable, by all means.

hey you guys! 

I came across this post in another IHEID thread. I really hope this isnt true but I thought I should bring it to your attention giving its confusing you all. this is the link if you guys want to see yourself.-

"I got an e mail saying 'We are pleased to inform you that the Admission Committee of the Graduate Institute, Geneva has decided to offer you admission to one of our programmes in light of your excellent academic credentials.'

However the online follow up shows status of admission as well as scholarship as 'refused'

I called to check and they said that the online decision is the binding one.

#FML"

Edited by k_angie

I completely agree!! ;-)

Question --I read somewhere that someone who got admitted last week got an e-mail with "Congratulations" is that an indicator sign? 

I got to admit that whenever I was accepted to a university --a "Congratulations" is included on the message.

Hmm... Doesn't bode well for the e-mail that I received since I got an acceptance but a refusal in the online portal. 

Wow. I'm starting to be really mad because of the glitch. Actually more sad. This is actually worst than an outright refusal because some where given hope when in the end they got a refusal.

Hi everyone! I'm new in this forum.

I'm in the same situation with you guys!

I got the email that said admitted but online form shows refused...!

How come! This is terrible.

I hope email is binding one. But i'm wondering that why so many people got email at once!! It's never happen i think..

Hey, you are very lucky guys, i think the ones who received an email are the one admited, since the email is biding.

I didn't receive anyth and my status changed to refused....

So i guess i am out, I am feeling a little down especially because i only apply to the IHIED master.

Congrats to the ones being admited!!

Christ, this is turning out to be an epic fu**up......

I hope the email is binding and everyone gets in.....or at least the administration should own up to their mistake...