International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Christ, this is turning out to be an epic fu**up......

I hope the email is binding and everyone gets in.....or at least the administration should own up to their mistake...

Yeah this is painful to watch from the outside, must be hell to experience. The portal does say that "only the notification received by email is binding", so hopefully that holds up. IF the portal is the correct result, however, I think the administration will have no choice but to own up to it. Judging by the flood of responses both here as well as on other platforms, a great many are currently experiencing this, certainly more than the programmes are designed to accommodate.

Hey, you are very lucky guys, i think the ones who received an email are the one admited, since the email is biding.

I didn't receive anyth and my status changed to refused....

So i guess i am out, I am feeling a little down especially because i only apply to the IHIED master.

Congrats to the ones being admited!!

Don't count yourself out yet... As much as I hate to admit this but I have a feeling that it's not as binding as they say. Someone who got admitted with the "Congratulations" wording + "April 15th" deadline might be the correct e-mail wording for the admitted applicants. Which totally sucks for me --and several others :(

Hey, you are very lucky guys, i think the ones who received an email are the one admited, since the email is biding.

I didn't receive anyth and my status changed to refused....

So i guess i am out, I am feeling a little down especially because i only apply to the IHIED master.

Congrats to the ones being admited!!

Not at all! Our email offers are nothing to go by at the moment. Firstly, they've admitted this a technical glitch so I think one can't believe the email or the online system for now. 

Secondly, none of us know whether we have received scholarships and many will base their decision on that as well.

So, @JSS, nothing is lost yet and also sadly, nothing is found. It's the same old story until IHEID clarifies what just happened.

I'm just the same! Lovely admitted e-mail, refused status on my application. Wrote them an e-mail, however, I doubt they'll bother replying to everyone.

So frustrating! I feel so sorry for everyone who has to wait until next week! Under consideration indeed sounded better...freaky friday!!

Don't count yourself out yet... As much as I hate to admit this but I have a feeling that it's not as binding as they say. Someone who got admitted with the "Congratulations" wording + "April 15th" deadline might be the correct e-mail wording for the admitted applicants. Which totally sucks for me --and several others :(

Yeah we will see, but trust me, it's quite horrible to have the 'refused' thing on the platform and no email or anyth that could make me hope a little ;)
So i guess there are 3 grps of people here : the people refused on the platform, the people with the email but refused on the platform and the (still) 'under consideration' group...great job IHEID

Also, I really request all those who have unfortunately received rejection MAILS (if any) to please mention it in the forum as well. That way we'll know to what extent this is a glitch or if it's actually a fiasco. sorry but I think that'll really help shed light on what just happened to all of us..

Did the emails mention your names directly (Dear Ms/Mr...etc...)? If yes, there is probably a higher chance the platform is wrong and that the emails would be binding.

Yes Kanton. They were addressed to us specifically.

I think the email we have received has the exact wordings with the email someone who got admitted received earlier this month . So i believe there is no congratulation in the mail. I think we just have to wait for their official response. Either way, I am just disappointed with their administration after we have waited for  such a long time. 

Christ, this is turning out to be an epic fu**up......

I hope the email is binding and everyone gets in.....or at least the administration should own up to their mistake...

My thoughts exactly. This is mental. And the fact that they all of a sudden seem to be telling people that the status page is binding just because that now suits them better is just...just... I have no words.

I would think that's good sign then. It would be quite unprobable that the emails would bug in a way were they would all still be personalized with your names? I'm still heading in the under consideration limbo, personally (which I'm beginning to think will soon become the waiting list applicants?).

My thoughts exactly. This is mental. And the fact that they all of a sudden seem to be telling people that the status page is binding just because that now suits them better is just...just... I have no words.

I'm sorry but when did they mention that the status page is binding and not the e-mail ? I don't remember them saying this :S

Okay so i got an admission letter!!!

cant be too bothered about the online status report as they were sure to note that the email is binding!

all the very best you guys...

Congrats :) btw, may I ask what does your portal say?

I'm still under consideration... doesn't feel all that great really.

Same here! And it really isn't any better. I think they've sent out admission emails already.Is anyone else's status still under consideration?

man.....................

you guys are leaving me alone in the waiting game..

Status of application? : Under consideration Scholarship (decision available in March): Requested - file received : complete

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

man.....................

you guys are leaving me alone in the waiting game..

Status of application? : Under consideration Scholarship (decision available in March): Requested - file received : complete

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

We're in the same boat, as is Aseth apparently. Let's go to Hertie Mickun.

Same here! And it really isn't any better. I think they've sent out admission emails already.Is anyone else's status still under consideration?

Same here....... I cant believe it. MORE WAITING IS COMING..........

Did you apply to their scholarship?

hey you guys! 

I came across this post in another IHEID thread. I really hope this isnt true but I thought I should bring it to your attention giving its confusing you all. this is the link if you guys want to see yourself.-

"I got an e mail saying 'We are pleased to inform you that the Admission Committee of the Graduate Institute, Geneva has decided to offer you admission to one of our programmes in light of your excellent academic credentials.'

However the online follow up shows status of admission as well as scholarship as 'refused'

I called to check and they said that the online decision is the binding one.

#FML"

I'm sorry but when did they mention that the status page is binding and not the e-mail ? I don't remember them saying this :S

As per the post k_angie found on the other forum...sincerely hope that's not the case once they get back to us, though!

Congrats :) btw, may I ask what does your portal say?

Thank you,

it says "refused" but i believe the email i binding. im done with being anxious. its unlikely they send another message retriveing their admission. its more likely they change the  status on the portal.