The Waiting Game - Fall 2014

monfemme

The worst part in my mind is that not everyone who applies is on Grad Cafe. Therefore, we don't actually know if certain schools have already accepted people or not. The number of acceptances can be so small that all those here who applied to that school might have been wait listed or rejected and won't be notified until later - meanwhile we're all waiting for the first acceptances to post - when they might have already gone out. Of course historical numbers suggest that they just haven't sent out decisions yet.

The 2nd worst part are that some of the schools I applied to only send by mail - and that is annoying to say the least.

The 2nd worst part are that some of the schools I applied to only send by mail - and that is annoying to say the least.

No... Just not snail mail. I can just imagine that envelope getting lost on its way... 

An applicant was asked for an interview by someone at NYU today! Sociocultural Anthropology PhD hopeful.

Looks like they completed both undergrad and grad in religious studies. 

!!

An applicant was asked for an interview by someone at NYU today! Sociocultural Anthropology PhD hopeful.

Looks like they completed both undergrad and grad in religious studies. 

!!

NYU sociocultural interviews are not standard protocol, so don't worry.  People get in without them.  I'm sure it is a good sign to have one, but it's not built into their process.

Just wanted to let people know that my friend received an acceptance to Berkeley for the Medical Anthro track yesterday. Not sure if Medical tends to be earlier, but it shows that decisions have been / are being made at UCB. To my knowledge they were not interviewed. 

the more this process gets closer to when we start really getting answers (aka being bombarded at least once on a weekly basis), the more gray-ing hairs i am seeming to get....

you will have more during PhD so save them for that :P

As I look at results I realize more and more that no one with stats as bad as mine (very low GRE) has been accepted. My hopes are basically completely gone.

do not torture yourself. gre alone is not important. raise those spirits up!