PhD/DrPH in Public Health/Epidemiology Fall 2014

gks81

Does anyone else have the following posted on their JHSPH application, "Preliminary Decision Reached - Please click the link below under Decision Status to view your decision". This appeared on my application, but there is no link to click!! I am guessing this means a rejection...

Mind if I ask where on the page it appeared? I just see Sent to Department for Review (not Epi but just wondering in general where it'll be).

Mind if I ask where on the page it appeared? I just see Sent to Department for Review (not Epi but just wondering in general where it'll be).

The link appears at the bottom of the page, right under the last listed item, which should be something like "other supporting documents". Hope that helps!

Edited by lsm2204

Did you contact faculty members from all the schools that you applied to? or did you just contact the faculty members from your top choice schools? Please share.

Did you contact faculty members from all the schools that you applied to? or did you just contact the faculty members from your top choice schools? Please share.

I didn't contact any faculty members and have been accepted to a few programs so far! I'm not really sure how much contacting faculty members will help, but i don't think it hurts!

I'm so sorry about the non-specific post.  Not helpful at all to others.  Was trying to not boast and instead was just confusing.

Yes, it was an emailed letter with a decision on my application (accepted, surprised!).  I applied to epidemiology/perinatal and reproductive health track.  Sent in my application on the due date, have had no communication from them since (no interview, nothing; did not speak with any professors in the department).  Nothing about funding.

What was your email about? Decision on your application?

Yes that is me who just posted on the board.

Sharon are you the one who just posted on the results board? 

I'm so sorry about the non-specific post.  Not helpful at all to others.  Was trying to not boast and instead was just confusing.

Yes, it was an emailed letter with a decision on my application (accepted, surprised!).  I applied to epidemiology/perinatal and reproductive health track.  Sent in my application on the due date, have had no communication from them since (no interview, nothing; did not speak with any professors in the department).  Nothing about funding.

Thanks for the info & congrats!! 

Congratulations! Sharon!

Very proud of you!

No news for me so I guess it would be a rejection.

Hi everyone!  Congrats on all the acceptances, and those who've already decided where to go!

I know lots more are still waiting to hear about acceptances/waitlists, but am wondering if anyone admitted to Hopkins doctoral programs has heard anything?  Other than the letter on the website I've not heard a single thing... No email from the department or anything.  Am starting to think the website was wrong  :blink:

Oh cripes, someone just posted on the results page that they were accepted to Columbia Epi PhD! If you're around glorious person, firstly, MEGA CONGRATULATIONS AND HIGH FIVES! Secondly, can you give me any more info about you or the email you received or anything?!?! I.AM.DYING.

Rejected from Columbia this morning, Epi PhD. Not bummed, and kind of thankful that I don't have to consider it anymore.

Also got an email from UMN a few days ago, "Your application was reviewed some weeks ago, and it was determined by the Epi PhD admissions committee to be a strong application. We have been working since then very hard to try to identify an advisor for you. We are still working on this, and do not have a decision yet for you."

So, whatever that means.

Still waiting to hear back from Tulane, and to get an official word from UMN obviously...and still waiting on funding from the schools I did get accepted to. Tthe fun continues!

Rejected from Columbia as well...post-interview.

Bummer :(

Also got an email from UMN a few days ago, "Your application was reviewed some weeks ago, and it was determined by the Epi PhD admissions committee to be a strong application. We have been working since then very hard to try to identify an advisor for you. We are still working on this, and do not have a decision yet for you."

So, whatever that means.

Umm, yeah, WTF does that mean?

My stats so far:

U. of Washington: PhD Global Health/Implementation Science - had interview a month ago, not a word since (not optimistic)

Harvard ScD epidemiology: Accepted with full tuition, no stipend

Hopkins PhD epidemiology: Accepted with full tuition, no stipend

UNC PhD epidemiology: Accepted with full tuition + RA-ship for 1 year, afterwards no guarantee

Don't know where I'll end up...