Grad programs ignoring phone calls AND emails??

reinhard

Has anyone here applied to McMaster University (math)? I tried calling them because I think they screwed up my application status and I emailed them and waited out 2 weeks and they did not respond.

I even phoned the directory and the person that is supposed to work there is NEVER there. I tried this for 3 days straight.

Are you contacting someone in the graduate office or in the math department? You might get better luck with someone in the department you're applying to (but that depends if the graduate school has forwarded your application to your department yet). 

Also, since it is December, it's possible that people are taking vacation time. Most administrators I know are usually very busy and spend most of their days in meetings. 

Hopefully you can get in touch with someone soon, but the deadline is pretty late for McMaster, I think! So you have lots of time to sort it out, don't panic :)

Also remember that this isn't just app season- it's also finals season, and everyone is scrambling to either make and grade tests, or help their majors get ducks in a row to graduate mid-year. 

It will take longer to reach them in that time.