Sick of paying

pqo309

I've made a few mistakes, sent GRE scores and paid supplemental fees for schools I'm no longer interested in and I'm frankly fed up. Many schools want two separate applications, two sets of GRE scores, two sets of transcripts and, of course, two fees... Who the heck do these people think they are?? I'm sick of all the hoops. Anyway, that's my rant. Thanks for indulging me.

Edited by pqo309

I've made a few mistakes, sent GRE scores and paid supplemental fees for schools I'm no longer interested in and I'm frankly fed up. Many schools want two separate applications, two sets of GRE scores, two sets of transcripts and, of course, two fees... Who the heck do these people think they are?? I'm sick of all the hoops. Anyway, that's my rant. Thanks for indulging me.

May I ask why they require you to submit 2 applications, 2 sets of scores & transcripts, etc.? Are you applying for 2 different programs within the same school? I'm just being curious.

Well some schools use a central application service for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, but their grad school still wants a cut so they'll use a supplemental app. I tolerated it for two schools, but when I saw another one (one of my top picks, incidentally) require that plus GRE scores be sent to them and the central application, I lost it. What a shame, but I can only tolerate so much abuse - and that crossed the line (I despite ETS).

Edited by pqo309

• 2 weeks later...

I've experienced this as well - the two transcripts request is especially annoying. It's obscene that they can't find a way to share one official transcript within the university by scanning it and uploading it/emailing it/etc... Programs seem to think it's not that big a deal in terms of expense, but when you're sending multiple transcripts from multiple schools to multiple programs it really adds up.

Guest Gnome Chomsky

It's funny (well, not really in a haha way) that I just found this thread. I got an email about 20 minutes. The alert came on my phone. I grabbed my phone to check what it was and it was a reminder that my GRE is scheduled for this Thursday, January 2nd. I've been planning to reschedule it to February 11th for a while now so I wasn't really worried when I got the reminder. But then my eyes scrolled around something that "must reschedule no later than 4 days before your test." SHIT FUCK DAMN. I didn't know that. Now, instead of only $50, I'm out a whole $185.