Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2014

King_Maro

I got accepted to University of Illinois at UC for MS but no funding.

Acceptances are:

- Berkley, MS

- University of Toronto, MASc

Rejections:

- MIT, MS

Wow. Congratulation!

I hope UIUC could reject me now because my professor recommended me to a professor there that she is familar with. But I decided to go to Gatech now.

Wow. Congratulation!

I hope UIUC could reject me now because my professor recommended me to a professor there that she is familar with. But I decided to go to Gatech now.

Thanks! Yea, I am probably going for Berkley (even though I am still waiting for Stanford). After having the coldest winter of my life, I can't say no to California's weather. 

hey guys, anyone got a phd offer from university of washington-seattle? I saw some rejections posted.

Hey, Not yet it seems. I also am waiting for them. There are some comments on the results implying that they will just offer masters. I really hope that it is not the case.

Hey, Not yet it seems. I also am waiting for them. There are some comments on the results implying that they will just offer masters. I really hope that it is not the case.

hey, waiting is really killing me. do not know why these universities reply so late.  I do not think a school would not enroll any PHD student at all. That does not make sense.

hey, waiting is really killing me. do not know why these universities reply so late.  I do not think a school would not enroll any PHD student at all. That does not make sense.

Tell me about it! In this case, you and me are in the same sinking boat!  :wacko:

Tell me about it! In this case, you and me are in the same sinking boat!  :wacko:

saw some rejection posters, I wish that meant you and me passed the first round review. God bless we could be colleagues( -_-  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: )

Hey guys,

I have not heard from 7 schools, and I do not know if this is the case with most of you, but there has been some skrmishes of rejections/acceptances from some schools that I applied to(Texa, Austin - UIUC - Purdue - Nevada, Reno). I am not sure if this year people are not submotting their reaults or not many people have received replies yet. As one of you said, waiting is killing me.

As for UW, Seattle, I have some news. My professor contacted one of the faculty there and he was told that they are deciding on funding awards this week. I think that this week's rejections mean that decisions have been made. Lets keep fingers crossed to hear from them soon.

As for UC, Irvine, they contacted the ones who are to be accepted without fund to ask for financial documents. However, they did not say it was an admission offer without funding until I asked.

Hey guys,

I have not heard from 7 schools, and I do not know if this is the case with most of you, but there has been some skrmishes of rejections/acceptances from some schools that I applied to(Texa, Austin - UIUC - Purdue - Nevada, Reno). I am not sure if this year people are not submotting their reaults or not many people have received replies yet. As one of you said, waiting is killing me.

As for UW, Seattle, I have some news. My professor contacted one of the faculty there and he was told that they are deciding on funding awards this week. I think that this week's rejections mean that decisions have been made. Lets keep fingers crossed to hear from them soon.

As for UC, Irvine, they contacted the ones who are to be accepted without fund to ask for financial documents. However, they did not say it was an admission offer without funding until I asked.

First, let me say that at least it is the same case for me. I haven't heard from seven of my universities. Does anyone has any news about UCDavis, USC, Virginia tech, or Columbia?

Edited by Mostafa64

First, let me say that at least it is the same case for me. I haven't heard from seven of my universities. Do anyone has any news about UCDavis, USC, Virginia tech, or Columbia?

Oh, man, it seems we are all on the same boat. I wonder if this means we are wait listed or they really did not make/release most of their decisions. As for the schools you mentioned, I did not apply to them, so I do not know.

First, let me say that at least it is the same case for me. I haven't heard from seven of my universities. Do anyone has any news about UCDavis, USC, Virginia tech, or Columbia?

Mostafa, I contacted VTech last week and they informed me that they are finalizing their decisions and we should hear back very soon. I guess the problem with most of the schools this year is that they haven't heard back on their projects proposals, they basically they can't figure out how many students they can take in! It is known that finding in SE is decreasing year after year. 

Ok, so i got good news from TAMU. I was contacted by my POI and he said he was recommending me for admission, and I should get an email soon. He said "Congratulations!" so i'm guessing he's pretty sure about it. He literally said nothing about whether or not there was funding being considered or not. But i believe that is what is taking so long. I've been hounding around admission, and poking for my status so much with TAMU that i decided not to push my luck by asking. I'll just be patient and wait for the letter.

My status on AIS still hasn't confirmed admission which is why i am waiting on posting on the results page. I'll post it up when i finally have official confirmation, but I'll hold any celebrating until I know about funding. 

Ok, so i got good news from TAMU. I was contacted by my POI and he said he was recommending me for admission, and I should get an email soon. He said "Congratulations!" so i'm guessing he's pretty sure about it. He literally said nothing about whether or not there was funding being considered or not. But i believe that is what is taking so long. I've been hounding around admission, and poking for my status so much with TAMU that i decided not to push my luck by asking. I'll just be patient and wait for the letter.

My status on AIS still hasn't confirmed admission which is why i am waiting on posting on the results page. I'll post it up when i finally have official confirmation, but I'll hold any celebrating until I know about funding. 

Congrats Buddy, Patience pays it seems!  :lol:

Well, I guess I did good on not celebrating early.

The admission I got from Texas A&M was for Master of Science. I wrote them to make sure this was their recommendation, and they answered that they had very limited resources for PhD admissions, and upon concluding the degree requirements I could continue on to PhD without another application. I haven't received the full documentation, so I have no information on funding, but judging from the response I got, I expect funding is probably not an option.

I was pretty psyched about going to TAMU, but perhaps not enough to redo my Master's Degree. I have a very good offer from LSU, and as it stands, I do not think I will turn it down. 

In the end, I do believe everything happens for a reason. Perhaps it was not in my life's best interest to go to Texas A&M.

Well, I guess I did good on not celebrating early.

The admission I got from Texas A&M was for Master of Science. I wrote them to make sure this was their recommendation, and they answered that they had very limited resources for PhD admissions, and upon concluding the degree requirements I could continue on to PhD without another application. I haven't received the full documentation, so I have no information on funding, but judging from the response I got, I expect funding is probably not an option.

I was pretty psyched about going to TAMU, but perhaps not enough to redo my Master's Degree. I have a very good offer from LSU, and as it stands, I do not think I will turn it down. 

In the end, I do believe everything happens for a reason. Perhaps it was not in my life's best interest to go to Texas A&M.

Hey buddy. I have almost the exact same situation with CMU. I already have two masters and they admitted me to another one year master. After finishing it I can request for continuation to PhD. I am not sure if it means that I have to apply again or not. In my case, I am seriously considering it as studying in CMU seems like too good an offer to refuse. The main problem is I have heard that there are some difficulties in obtaining F-1 visa for second (third in my case) master. There is one more week and several more universities to go. Let's see what happens.

To those of you who are waiting for USC, I have sent one of my friends to check up the status of applications. It seems that the decisions are made and they have sent it via postal service!!! How do they know that the mail will find us in time?? It is also possible to call Jennie Craig regarding the status of application.

TAT/.......weekend's coming...seems we have to wait until the last week before 4/15..........

Nothing could make me hate weekends more than this process!!!

just got an PHD offer from university of Maryland-College Park. without funding at all.        so sad.

I really feel you buddy. Hopefully the next one will be THE ONE! However, cheer up! An unfunded offer is better than rejection!

I called USC and asked them to inform me of decision. The woman on the line told me that we should wait for the mail and there is no other way around it! What if the mail doesn't find me in the time limit?! :blink: