Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Unofficial email from one of my POI at the Joukowsky... Apparently I'll receive very good news soon!!! I'm incredibly excited and can barely believe it! :D

Eeee, so excited for you! Keep us posted! :)

Another acceptance, even though it's unofficial! But 'Oh funding, where art thou?'  :( 

Fingers crossed for ya!

Got the msu rejection in the mail as well. I am planning on seriously broadening my application horizons next year. I ended up applying to 3 schools with next to no funding available and striking out

Well, that's the last of'em! Contacted Washington University in St. Louis and received an email of rejection. Nearly 120 applicants to the Department of Anthropology, all extremely promising candidates cannot be admitted; etc, etc. 

Ah well! For a newbie, who before June 2013 didn't even think of applying, getting two acceptances out of three is not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

Now, if only fundings would work out, I would have absolutely nothing to complain about!  :)
Edited by Don't Panic

Sorry about the rejections everyone :(. I am really excited for all the acceptances though! Especially because people were assuming that it was too late in the game to be accepted. Just goes to show we really don't know what to expect until it happen.

Don't panic - 2/3 acceptances is awesome. I hope you find out about funding soon! It's so nerve racking to finally be in but have to wait to finish up all those final details.

Hi everyone - thought I'd share I called Hopkins today and as expected (given I wasn't interviewed) I've been rejected from their Anth PhD.  I asked if they have already notified all accepted or wait-listed students and he said yes, so if you have not yet heard back from JHU yet you are most likely waiting on a rejection.  Congrats to those who did get in though!

Hi everyone - thought I'd share I called Hopkins today and as expected (given I wasn't interviewed) I've been rejected from their Anth PhD.  I asked if they have already notified all accepted or wait-listed students and he said yes, so if you have not yet heard back from JHU yet you are most likely waiting on a rejection.  Congrats to those who did get in though!

Sorry about the rejection anthro :(

Don't panic - 2/3 acceptances is awesome. I hope you find out about funding soon! It's so nerve racking to finally be in but have to wait to finish up all those final details.

Thanks, strudelle!

Waiting for news on funding is totally nerve wrecking! Especially with everyone around me asking questions all the time. Am I in? If yes then when and where am I going? What does it mean I can't say anything until April? If I'm in I'm in, right?

So hard to make everyone understand!  :wacko:

I'm also waiting to hear on funding. I got an email from my POI at WSU today saying she is still waiting to hear about funding decisions too, but will hopefully be able to update me by Monday. *crossing fingers*!!!

Just got accepted to Oxford :)

After 12 rejections, I almost lost hope...

Anybody else got accepted? Feel free to PM me.

Phenomenal! That is awesome news!! Very happy and excited for your new chapter to begin! :D

Just got accepted to Oxford :)

After 12 rejections, I almost lost hope...

Anybody else got accepted? Feel free to PM me.

Congrats!!! Oxford is really a special place. Have you applied for external funding? If you have any questions about the city, colleges or anything like that, PM me! (I read archaeology at Lincoln)