Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Anyone else get that email from UC Davis to check application, but no decision was at the link? All they told me is that they apparently don't have my transcript, but then they said that if my transcript was sent directly to the department (which mine was) then it wouldn't show up. Apparently the political science people (including my girlfriend) got accepted through the email...

Anyone else get that email from UC Davis to check application, but no decision was at the link? All they told me is that they apparently don't have my transcript, but then they said that if my transcript was sent directly to the department (which mine was) then it wouldn't show up. Apparently the political science people (including my girlfriend) got accepted through the email...

Hm. When did you get the email? I haven't received one yet. That would be an incredible turnaround if they announced decisions already. Their deadline was the 15th. 

I applied there, but haven't received any email.

Hm. When did you get the email? I haven't received one yet. That would be an incredible turnaround if they announced decisions already. Their deadline was the 15th. 

Cincin already announced decisions and they had the same deadline, so I don't think that'd be too surprising.

I applied there, but haven't received any email.

Try checking the status of your application through the online thingy, see what it says. Also, let me know if they say they got your transcript =P

Try checking the status of your application through the online thingy, see what it says. Also, let me know if they say they got your transcript =P

It says that my application status is "submitted". It doesn't say anywhere whether or not they received my transcript.

It's probably worth emailing them about your transcript. (& I don't think it means much that decisions have been made for a different department, don't worry)

If you're a US citizen, Warwick is eligible for US Federal Aid. You could take out US graduate student loans to complete the MA there if you wanted.

I appreciate the info. I think I'd rather work for a year though than accrue 30,000(ish) in debt. Hopefully I'll be accepted elsewhere.

Well, just received a rejection from the Fulbright Committee, so it looks like I won't be going to Warwick. Definitely hoping to hear some good news in the next few weeks.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get a much better offer.

Anyone else freaking out about the radio silence from UNC? 

Don't. When I talked to Dr. Paul once when she came to give a talk she said that nearly all their first picks ended up not coming to UNC, because they all got in at comparatively better schools, and they always needed a fairly substantive waiting list. So don't worry too much until you get officially rejected!

Don't. When I talked to Dr. Paul once when she came to give a talk she said that nearly all their first picks ended up not coming to UNC, because they all got in at comparatively better schools, and they always needed a fairly substantive waiting list. So don't worry too much until you get officially rejected!

This is so true.  Thanks for this.  I'm keeping in mind as we go that many schools have to admit, over the course of weeks, three times as many as they hope to enroll.  I have personal experience with a particular department that has admitted roughly FOUR times what they aimed to enroll.  So that means very long wait-lists.

Thanks for this! Chin is up ;) 

Congrats to those who received the UNC and Duke acceptances. It seems a few (or is it just one) of our regulars were among the Duke acceptances. Were any of you among the UNC acceptances? 

I'm not among them, but the person who I know who is among them is highly qualified (as one would imagine).  I mention this for two reasons.  One, I won't be surprised if this person is admitted to other programs of similar quality, leaving open a spot to someone else.  Two, I think it's nice to know that (at least some of) those who are admitted ahead of us are at least very well qualified.  Two years ago I remember reading acceptances on the 'results' pages with incoherent comments.  (E.g. One person reported that he/she was "absolutely enthralled" at the acceptance.)  That was disappointing to me.

(E.g. One person reported that he/she was "absolutely enthralled" at the acceptance.)

Forget for a second that they probably wanted to say absolutely thrilled, and think about what it could mean if they had intended "enthralled." It's actually kind of funny. :)