UCLA MSW 2014

Ardnas058

Hi Ardnas,

That's great. I received it as well. All the information was overwhelming but very exciting :). Do you currently live in LA?

Yes, overwhelming and exciting.. mostly exciting! Yes, I live in LA (:

I was accepted to UCLA and already sent in my acceptance email. I am worried about finances and was wondering if it might be a good idea to defer. Does anybody know if you can defer admission to UCLA for a year? Thank you.

Hi CoffeeBird, no you can't defer admission, someone asked this question during the Diversity Fair. You may want to call MSW dep to confirm, but I believe it is also posted on their website.

Hi Coffee-bird,

I am starting to freak out a bit about finances for this as well. I have been on this high the last few weeks after being accepted and then came back down to reality when I started looking at prices again etc.  Taking out that much money in loans for social work seems scary but at the same time I really want to go there because it is a great school and I want to move to LA. Where do you currently live?

Hi bdip,

It feels better knowing that we are not alone in our fears and anxieties about grad school finances. I, too, was riding on a high and then crashed looking at the costs! I guess all we can do is consider our education an investment on our future. Let's try to enjoy the time before 2 years of grad school starts! I am trying to practice good self-care so I will be prepared for our program. That's the advice I was given by a current UCLA student in the program. 

Hi,

Thank you- yes this forum is great. Makes you know you aren't alone. I am waiting to learn more on Welcome Day- hoping it will allay these fears a little bit. Will you be going to welcome day?

Hello Ladies;

I have been accepted to UCLA too. I live in Winnetka (91306) in a 4 bedrooms 3 baths townhouse. I will have 2 furnished rooms for rent starting June. One room is 550, and you share the bathroom with another student. The other room is a very large bathroom for $650. They include water,  gas, wireless, kitchen rights. You only pay 1/3 of electric bill.

I have to drive to UCLA so we can share gas. We are about 18 miles away from UCLA. Let me know if you are interested. My phone is 818-6201801.  Rita