UCLA MSW 2014

Ardnas058

LOL! I did too!!!!! I woke up and checked my email for a weird reason it felt kinda nice to not be waiting! Ugh! I just want an answer.

Same here. The feeling of things being out of my control is what stresses me out. Lets keep our fingers crossed and keep a positive mindset.

USC gave me a two week extension to let them know whether I was attending or not. I submitted my intent to enroll at USC today (deadline) after waiting all week to hear from UCLA! It feels weird committing without knowing all my options, but that's life! Good luck to all of those waiting to hear! #FightOn

Edited by omar760

You did the right thing Omar. But it seems to me that UCLA is still considering you, or they would not give you that extension. To others they are saying that decisions has been made.

You may be accepted by UCLA, I think

@omar760 It sucks that Ucla is taking so long!! They had initially said we would hear back at the end of the week :/ You can always accept and then withdraw your application, that's what I did last year when I got into csun and USC. I ended up not going there and chose to apply to Ucla this year instead. This is the ONLY school i applied to this year. USC is an amazing program and it is actually ranked higher for social work, I would have definitely gone there if tuition weren't over $80,000. I couldn't fathom taking out so much in loans when I will not be making a lot as a social worker in the first place. I know that USC asks for a deposit when you accept, but the way I see it, that deposit is nothing compared to the $$$ you will be paying for tuition. If UCLA accepts you, it's a win-win because you'll have gotten into the school you really wanted to go and you will definitely save a lot in tuition, even though you paid your deposit to USC. If ucla doesnt accept you, then you can be at peace knowing you did the right thing by accepting USC's offer. Good luck! :)

Edited by JessMSW

"USC gave me a two week extension to let them know whether I was attending or not. I submitted my intent to enroll at USC today (deadline) after waiting all week to hear from UCLA! It feels weird committing without knowing all my options, but that's life! Good luck to all of those waiting to hear! #FightOn"

Did you have to pay in order to submit your intent??

Edited by 14'msw

Hopefully @mswforlife !

And thanks @jessMSW , you have great insight and reading your post definitely made me feel more at ease!

Yes I had to pay @14'msw

@hiclub2 It matters to some people... An msw is an msw regardless, but for a lot of us it's not just about the title after your name, it's about the experience you will get at that specific program.

So, according to the results page, people are getting emails now to check the UCLA website - and it has showed that they've been accepted? I am still waiting and hoping so much that no news so far is good news... are a lot of people still waiting??

I did notice that someone was advised to check the website! I am positive by this week we will get some answers. But this wait is killing!

Edited by 14'msw

Omar760: do you mind me asking how much it was?

it was $280, not as bad as other USC programs. My buddy got into their PT program and his was $1000

Yeah, my friend who earlier enrolled at USC, said she received the kiss of death email earlier this week. I'm going to guess we're either in or at the very least not for sure "no"s

I had an interview with CSUN the week you did mswforlife, it is my top choice. Do you know how long it will take to hear back? I have some other schools that want an answer by the end of this month -_- Also, have you heard anything regarding that if you get an interview you are basically in?Or is there still a large possibility of rejection?

If you havent looked at creativesocialworker.tumblr.com yet, it was realllyyy helpful to me.  The women who runs it was a UCLA MSW and has answered soo many questions for me and will send you a ton of ebooks if you email her (even ones for class like the DSM).  Her email is uclasocialworker@gmail.com.  For those of you trying again next year she will read your personal statement and give you a lot of great feedback.

Also, I hear that the deadline USC states doesnt really mean anything.  They apparently continue contacting people to enroll for months after and even send them info about financial packages.

Edited by sociakworkit

Hi coffee 222, my interview with CSUN was on March 10, and no, I have not heard from them. Were you on that day also?

I was accepted by UCLA, so so far there is where I am going.

I had an interview with CSUN the week you did mswforlife, it is my top choice. Do you know how long it will take to hear back? I have some other schools that want an answer by the end of this month -_- Also, have you heard anything regarding that if you get an interview you are basically in?Or is there still a large possibility of rejection?

Hi coffee 222, my interview with CSUN was on March 10, and no, I have not heard from them. Were you on that day also?

Do u mind sharing ur stats? I'm guessing no one heard any news today :/

I don't think that if you get an interview you get in, you just have a 50 -50 chance to get in.

Did you engage in the group discussion? How do you feel about that?

What day was your interview?