UCLA MSW 2014

Ardnas058

Still waiting..

What's worse is my email has been down since yesterday - I really hope the long wait doesn't mean rejection :/

Edited by esimanon

ok you guys... I caved in and called just now. I wanted to know if it's all bad news for those of us who haven't heard. Whitney said that they are sending out decisions on a rolling basis and so there is still a chance that we have been admitted.

ok you guys... I caved in and called just now. I wanted to know if it's all bad news for those of us who haven't heard. Whitney said that they are sending out decisions on a rolling basis and so there is still a chance that we have been admitted.

Did she happen to give you a time frame? Lol, I was about to call.

nope, I wasn't clear what a "rolling basis" means, so if any one knows, please clarify. lol
Does that mean they are accepting people as other people decide not to go there?
As for the time frame... she said they are still sending out letters this week or possibly in the next few weeks. If someone could call and get a little more info, that'd be great. I just felt weird going on and on with my questions.

@esimanon, if your e-mail is down you can still check your status by clicking on that link that directs you to the grad application decision status.

CSULB is doing the rolling admissions as well. From what I understood is that the earliest u submit the earlier the response u get. But I am not 100% sure lol.

Ahhhh I was hoping to get an answer this week. Oh well we have waited this long...whats another couple of weeks...lol

Okay everyone I just called Whitney as well, she said we should hear back from UCLA TODAY or TOMORROW!!!! Oh my gosh I am beyond nervous now, as if I was not already. Just like "JessMSW" stated, Whitney said they were reviewing applications on a "rolling basis." So then I asked what a "rolling basis" meant and she said that just means reviewing applications at random. So the rest of the applicants should hear from UCLA today or tomorrow and if not she suggested to give her a call.

Okay everyone I just called Whitney as well, she said we should hear back from UCLA TODAY or TOMORROW!!!! Oh my gosh I am beyond nervous now, as if I was not already. Just like "JessMSW" stated, Whitney said they were reviewing applications on a "rolling basis." So then I asked what a "rolling basis" meant and she said that just means reviewing applications at random. So the rest of the applicants should hear from UCLA today or tomorrow and if not she suggested to give her a call.

I called Whitney before I read this and that is exactly word by word what she told me. OMG good luck everyone!

Jaypea09: I just wish I would have asked how we would be notified. I feel even if we are accepted it might be by email, how will we receive a letter today or tomorrow if they are not done with decisions?

Did she tell you how we would be notified?

Jaypea09: I just wish I would have asked how we would be notified. I feel even if we are accepted it might be by email, how will we receive a letter today or tomorrow if they are not done with decisions?

Did she tell you how we would be notified?

I didnt ask either. Maybe someone else can call and ask? Either way im just glad that the wait will be over soon.

JessMSW: she said they were reviewing on a "rolling basis" so there was no order for those who have been already accepted or denied. Basically everyone who has not been accepted or denied will find out today or tomorrow!

So I checked the website... I got rejected :( I'm heartbroken, as I did not apply elsewhere but more than being sad, I am angered that they took so long and did not seem to be organized during the application process at all. They could have eased a lot of our anxiety by not waiting so long if it was going to be a rejection. A lot of us have important decisions to make as a result of not getting in, so to keep everyone like they did is just cruel.

Good luck to everyone else!! Hope you guys get positive news. Thank you for being so supportive and encouraging while I was in limbo for so long. Having this forum to vent to definitely helped ease my anxiety, so thank you everyone!

14'msw, thank you

yes, that's the one, i have yet to receive the kiss of death email, I just happened to check randomly. If it still says no decision has been made for you, you might still hear good news. Good luck! :)