English Programs and Interviews

Hi there,

I applied to 5 different English Lit/Interdisciplinary programs and I was wondering if it is typical for them to have interviews. I noticed many other types of degrees do however on the results search there isn't many results for English interviews for PhD candidates.

Any schools known to do or rather not do interviews?

Thanks!

Most places do not do interviews, and Emory is the most prominent of those that do. I gathered from scanning the results page that Penn State interviewed a couple people last year because of the competition, but I'm betting you will not run into any interview invitations in yr time.

• 2 weeks later...

Baylor interviews some of their admitted candidates, but not all. Other than that, I only know of Emory and UPenn. 

UPenn interviews? I am sooooo totally unprepared for that. Do you know if UPenn interviews everyone that makes it to the end of their process, or is it only done as a tie breaker? Anyone know anything about whether Brown interviews? 

• 2 years later...