Education Ph.D or Ed.D (Fall 2014) Applicants

lucerovespertino

AND I've been rejected from Berkeley.  Absolutely gutted.  I am still waiting to hear from TC Columbia and ridiculously I'm holding out some hope there but I am also obviously realistic in that I've been rejected from 5 out of 6 of the programs I applied to.  

I would really like to do a doctorate in Education and I know what area I want to study... I am NOT giving up but I am going to reevaluate and consider what I can do to make my applications more competitive.  

Best of luck to the rest of you! 

Yeah I didn't get into Berkeley LLC either. Looks like both of us are waiting it out for TC's CIE. Man... it's taking a while! Best of luck to you!

Thanks, you too Kerfin.  I do remain hopeful about CIE but I am already considering what to change for my resubmits in 2015 and have already signed up for the GRE again in the hopes of improving my atrocious quant score.  At least you have been accepted somewhere!  

I heard from TC on 3/17. I got accepted but they bumped me down from the PhD program in Measurement and Statistics to the M.Ed. program. I already have my masters and they offered no funding either so I didn't have to think twice about rejecting them. I also haven't heard from Berkeley (I applied to POME) either.

This is also my second year applying to PhD programs since I too got rejected from all programs I applied to last year. Did the same thing with the time off with regards to contacting professors, taking the GRE again, and I also researched more programs as I applied to 14 this round.

I hope you get into Berkeley!

I've applied for the PhD program in Measurement and Statistics at TC and was offered admission to the M.Ed. program. Are you sure there isn't any funding? I received 12K scholarship for the year... I'm trying to get in contact with the program to see about RA or TA positions (6 credits tuition waiver)... I have a question for you, in your application, what did you select when ask if you want to be considered for the Masters? I put "no" in my application (since I already have a Masters in Psychology) but yet I still received an offer for an  M.Ed.

On the websites, it said you can transfer up to 30 credits (i'm hoping to transfer 21 credits... which would leave about 39 credits to complete). 

By the way this is my third year applying to PhD (however, it is my first time applying in the field of Education)... I don't think I want to wait another year, I would like to start learning the materials as soon as possible. 

I haven't accepted their offer yet... I'm still contemplating on it ... One of my mentors suggested that I take the offer...

Huh.  Well I got offered a place on the M. Ed  CIE program at Columbia!  I was so sure it was another reject I had to read it a few times before it sunk in!  

I am very pleased to be offered SOMETHING... but not sure what to do now!!    Good luck to the rest of you waiting! 

I've applied for the PhD program in Measurement and Statistics at TC and was offered admission to the M.Ed. program. Are you sure there isn't any funding? I received 12K scholarship for the year... I'm trying to get in contact with the program to see about RA or TA positions (6 credits tuition waiver)... I have a question for you, in your application, what did you select when ask if you want to be considered for the Masters? I put "no" in my application (since I already have a Masters in Psychology) but yet I still received an offer for an  M.Ed.

On the websites, it said you can transfer up to 30 credits (i'm hoping to transfer 21 credits... which would leave about 39 credits to complete). 

By the way this is my third year applying to PhD (however, it is my first time applying in the field of Education)... I don't think I want to wait another year, I would like to start learning the materials as soon as possible. 

I haven't accepted their offer yet... I'm still contemplating on it ... One of my mentors suggested that I take the offer...

Firstly, Congratulations!

I didn't receive any notice of funding in my acceptance letter and neither was I notified by the program/department. That's awesome you are receiving a scholarship though and I would definitely pursue RA and TA positions if they're available...In my application, I also put "No" to the question about considering a masters as I too have one already (in Education and Human Development).

It seems you have a lot to contemplate given the scholarship, the possibility of an assistantship, credit transfer, and your eagerness to get started. To be completely honest, I had already accepted another offer for a PhD prior to receiving the acceptance letter from TC so it wasn't even worth considering. I also did not want to hold up any wait listed applicants (if TC/Meas. and Stats program even has one).

There's a whole other section on making a decision in this forum. Definitely look into that if you haven't already. Good luck!

Anyone who didn't see an offer of funding with a TC acceptance should get in touch with the Financial Aid contact.  I emailed them and discovered I had been offered $16,000 aid towards tuition!  That is pretty amazing but I am still leaning towards deferring and trying one more time for doctoral programs.  

Just got my funding offer from UNL and almost had a heart attack as it is almost $5,000 more than the other funding offer I've received.  I guess I'm going to UNL in the Fall.  Anyone else?

• 10 months later...