Education Ph.D or Ed.D (Fall 2014) Applicants

lucerovespertino

Harvard comes out with their decision in Mid-March, no? 

Final decisions yeah. I was referring to interview invitations. Someone mentioned that they were going to be inviting people to interview into February, but I have the feeling that that process is over.

The CIS concentration director told me during my interview to expect a response late Feb-early March and that later doesn't mean bad news, it just means things take a while.

Personally, I'm expecting more like March this year because now that its a joint venture between HGSE and GSAS, everything has to be passed back and forth and double approved and given that I've never seen a place as absurdly bureaucratic as Harvard is, I can only imagine how much slower the process is now.

Also yes, the official word is interview invitations will go out throughout February but I haven't heard of anyone getting one since 1/25 - including my friend who I actually think is a way stronger candidate than me and was basically coaxed into applying by the HGSE prof she's currently researching with and......no interview. Such a crazy process.

Same from Stanford. Sad but not surprised. I got the "being considered for the MA" message which I have to think about. Anyone know if that has funding? 

Having talked to the department a little before applying, I know that years past have not seen a lot of funding allocated for masters students. It's only a one-year program if you do POLS.

I was rejected, too. :):( 

Having talked to the department a little before applying, I know that years past have not seen a lot of funding allocated for masters students. It's only a one-year program if you do POLS.

I was rejected, too. :):(

Ah, commiserating together! Though your signature says you have three acceptances, so you can't be hurting too much! Congrats!

Thanks for your info - I saw today that it was a one year MA and I'm actually really intrigued by that. I could be broke by the bay for one year

Edited by girlbat

I am being considered for the POLS Master’s as well. Does anyone have any idea as to when those decisions are made?

The email says before the end of March, but looking at results trends from the past, it could be sooner. Just another waiting game. But they will definitely notify before the April deadline.

Arrgh- my rejection email ruined my day yesterday. Feeling better today, though, since I would have chosen Stanford for name and location rather than close research interests.

Does anyone stay sane through this process?

kijewels, it's the best here! Super collaborative and supportive environment and never a lack of good discussion/debate! I turned down a 20K grant from Columbia to be here and was worried about regretting it but I totally feel like it was the right call! Best of luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Has anyone heard from Boston College or Ohio State higher ed phD programs???

What about University of Maryland phD in Minority and Urban Ed program???

Please let me know

Accepted 0/4

Rejected 1/4

Interviews 0\4

Edited by Dechunkis3

What about University of Maryland phD in Minority and Urban Ed program???

I received a rejection letter from Maryland yesterday. But I applied to PhD in Math Education.