Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

When I click on it nothing happens.  It just sorts the zero items that are listed, haha.  Maybe its because not enough time has passed since I was notified (3/17).  

Any other Turkey ETA people having the same issue with attempting to upload documents?

Here's what my page looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/LSnMGP4.jpg

This is exactly how mine looks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to be MIA in their systems... I'm going to email the contact person after posting this to see what we're supposed to do in these cases.

Edit: I used your screen cap as an example of what it looked like for me. Hopefully she'll get back to me tomorrow and I can share the info!

Edited by nsnotable

Last year Thailand ETA folks were notified April 10th and we got our first email from Fulbright Thailand on April 24, and our information packet at (I believe) the end of May. So not much wait time at all. I can't speak for research/scholars though

Thank you PetrasPebbles! Every little bit of info helps to calm the voice in my head asking, "Where am I going to live for 10 months?!?!"

If you have applied to a country that doesn't have a Fulbright Commission does any one know who is reviews the recommended applications ?

The country that I applied to does not have a Fulbright commission and the applications are reviewed by the public affairs section of the country's US Embassy. But I'm not sure if other countries without commissions do the same.

SMartin11879 - Congratulations to you too!  Haha I am also still freaking out and I think that will continue for awhile!  I requested Bavaria, BW, and Saarland, but I'm really really REALLY hoping for Bavaria!

Bailey24 - Congratulations!  Where did you request to go?

Kconhead - I'm in the same situation, torn between USTA/Fulbright.  I applied for a USTA also, and if I find out on 1 April that I got it and I still don't know my Germany placement by then, I will be really tempted to take Austria.  I would be happy with pretty much any location in Austria, but I feel like there's a lot of not-so-great places they could put you in Germany.  Plus, you get to take university classes in Austria.  Is it really true that the pay is higher and that it's easier to extend your stay?  Come to think of it, I know someone from my university who extended his stay by a year in Austria a few years ago.

Hi Nicole! 

Congrats!

I requested Berlin, NRW, and Saxony. I am hoping for Berlin or Cologne, because I want to work in a high minority school. 

Liebe Grüße

Hello, longtime lurker here! 

Congrats everyone that has heard so far. I applied for a study grant to the UK and am still desperately awaiting that decision. Does anyone have any theories as to why they're taking so much longer than last year? They've done the third tuesday or so for the past 5 years. Why the sudden shift? 

I'm really hoping we get notifications this week! Best of luck to all UK applicants. Fingers crossed.

J

Congrats everyone that has heard so far. I applied for a study grant to the UK and am still desperately awaiting that decision. Does anyone have any theories as to why they're taking so much longer than last year? They've done the third tuesday or so for the past 5 years. Why the sudden shift? 

I'm really hoping we get notifications this week! Best of luck to all UK applicants. Fingers crossed.

J

I too am desperately awaiting news from the UK - I was very upset when I didn't get notified last week; going off of past notifications, I assumed I would. I'm guessing either more people applied this year, the UK Fulbright Commission took longer to reach their decisions, or the Fulbright Board got behind in their notifications - there were a lot of notifications for other countries this week. I'm praying that they're almost done with their final selections, and that we get notified tomorrow. What university are you going for? I'm applying for Exeter. Fingers crossed for all of us!! :) 

J

I too am desperately awaiting news from the UK - I was very upset when I didn't get notified last week; going off of past notifications, I assumed I would. I'm guessing either more people applied this year, the UK Fulbright Commission took longer to reach their decisions, or the Fulbright Board got behind in their notifications - there were a lot of notifications for other countries this week. I'm praying that they're almost done with their final selections, and that we get notified tomorrow. What university are you going for? I'm applying for Exeter. Fingers crossed for all of us!! :)

Good morning fellow UK-ers! 

I know someone on here posted that her interview with the UK was rescheduled last-minute from March 2 to March 9, which would mean interviews ended quite a bit later than most years. I'm guessing something came up on the UK Commission end of things that put a delay in the process. As of that March 9 interview, though, they were still saying we would have decisions by the end of this month. SO.... probably this week!! I'm going crazy, too, though. Trust me. 

Yes, I second this question J/collegedropout! Which partnership??

Good luck this week everyone!

Hi, everyone! First-time poster here - thought I would finally stop lurking and say hello.  :)

I'm impatiently waiting to hear about my study/research grant to Sweden. Hopefully this is the week I can join those who have stopped refreshing their emails.

Fingers crossed for all of us who are still waiting to hear, and congratulations to everyone who has received good news so far! 

Good morning fellow UK-ers! 

I know someone on here posted that her interview with the UK was rescheduled last-minute from March 2 to March 9, which would mean interviews ended quite a bit later than most years. I'm guessing something came up on the UK Commission end of things that put a delay in the process. As of that March 9 interview, though, they were still saying we would have decisions by the end of this month. SO.... probably this week!! I'm going crazy, too, though. Trust me. 

Yes, I second this question J/collegedropout! Which partnership??

Good luck this week everyone!

I'm applying to study at Essex! I want to do a human rights law LLM. What about you?

Awesome, thanks for all the info, everyone!

One last question: since the same commission handles all of the UK study/research grants, how many people do you think they interview? With each university giving out one spot, do you think they're interviewing two people per spot, or even three? If so, that'd be around 120 people they'd have to interview and I wonder how feasible that is. 

thank you for sharing all your waiting-it-out nerves. just thought i'd share my new anxiety over what seems like good news, but to me is totally nerve wracking. no one in my life seems to understand, but i feel like you guys will. i just found out i got a blakemore fellowship to study mandarin in taipei for a year. of course it's not the fulbright research grant that i am still waiting for where the year would be dedicated to my dissertation project. but at least it's something to do next year besides sobbing over my diplomas on my parents' couch. anyway i have to tell them if i'm taking the fellowship by april 15th. so now i'm really praying to all the fulbright gods that these taiwan notifications go out before then! i'm not a betting man, so i would have to go with the sure thing. but then how awful would if be if i found out i got the fulbright on say.... april 16th and had to decline..... okay. it's been like 2 minutes composing this message. i have to go check my inbox... 

If you have applied to a country that doesn't have a Fulbright Commission does any one know who is reviews the recommended applications ? 

I think it's the Public Affairs division of the local Embassy. That's who interviewed me, at least, because I don't think Tajikistan has a Fulbright Commission.

any guesses as to when Malaysia will notify? I'm hoping for this week!

The past few years it has taken them 10 or 11 weeks to review and turn around applications just looking at the spreadsheet, so given that timeline it would be likely sometime around the first week of April, but given this year's pattern of shorter returns maybe it could be this or next week... I'm not getting my hopes up tho until after April 1 just cuz I don't think I have the mental fortitude to be on high alert for a month!

I think it's the Public Affairs division of the local Embassy. That's who interviewed me, at least, because I don't think Tajikistan has a Fulbright Commission.

The country that I applied to does not have a Fulbright commission and the applications are reviewed by the public affairs section of the country's US Embassy. But I'm not sure if other countries without commissions do the same.

Thank you ! This is helpful and actually gives me more peace of mind understanding who is possibly reviewing my application.  :huh:

I've been following this forum since way back in December and my anxiety has finally gotten high enough that I had to make an account an contribute.  First, I have to say that everyone's support and excitement on this board has been so inspiring throughout this whole process, even for someone watching from the sidelines.  I've consistently updated my SO about everyone's success on here, even though he doesn't understand at all and thinks I'm being creepy haha.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the UK so I'm in the same boat as a few of you.  I convinced myself that last week was going to be THE week and hadn't freaked out too much before then, but now I feel like all of my self-control has worn off and every time my phone vibrates I go into panic mode thinking it's going to be from Fulbright.  I'm hoping that they'll stick with the Tuesday trend and notify tomorrow, even if it is the fourth Tuesday instead of the third.  I know that all patterns seem to have been thrown off completely this cycle but I need something to grasp onto. I'm rooting for all of you on here that still haven't heard back, let's hope it's all positive news coming our way in the next few days!

I've been following this forum since way back in December and my anxiety has finally gotten high enough that I had to make an account an contribute.  First, I have to say that everyone's support and excitement on this board has been so inspiring throughout this whole process, even for someone watching from the sidelines.  I've consistently updated my SO about everyone's success on here, even though he doesn't understand at all and thinks I'm being creepy haha.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the UK so I'm in the same boat as a few of you.  I convinced myself that last week was going to be THE week and hadn't freaked out too much before then, but now I feel like all of my self-control has worn off and every time my phone vibrates I go into panic mode thinking it's going to be from Fulbright.  I'm hoping that they'll stick with the Tuesday trend and notify tomorrow, even if it is the fourth Tuesday instead of the third.  I know that all patterns seem to have been thrown off completely this cycle but I need something to grasp onto. I'm rooting for all of you on here that still haven't heard back, let's hope it's all positive news coming our way in the next few days!

Hahaha I do the same thing with my SO and he just smiles and nods. He can't quite figure out why I'm so excited about notifications for countries that have nothing to do with my application. "Wow babe... You're so...nice...to be so excited for them..." Everyone keeps catching me refreshing my email on the weekends, too, even though I know nothing will come through.  I don't think I've ever wanted something so badly in my life. 

Which UK Partnership??

Hahaha I do the same thing with my SO and he just smiles and nods. He can't quite figure out why I'm so excited about notifications for countries that have nothing to do with my application. "Wow babe... You're so...nice...to be so excited for them..." Everyone keeps catching me refreshing my email on the weekends, too, even though I know nothing will come through.  I don't think I've ever wanted something so badly in my life. 

Which UK Partnership??

The University of Strathclyde!  I'm going for research in educational technology.