2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Just admitted to Northwestern!  Woot, woot!

Congrats Sayjo!!!!!! I'm in at Northwestern too!!! We have some big decisions to make  :D

Did anyone receive any info about receiving a scholarship? Im on the scholarship waiting list, and I'm wondering how big the waitlist is/what the chances are of getting one... 

Nevermind. I just looked at the results page and it looks like everyone is waitlisted for funding. Still super excited! Good luck to everyone!!!

Edited by Nala

Wait-listed again! I know it's better than a rejection, but I'm going insane over here! But I guess it's pretty good for not having a background in SLP and having mediocre GRE scores!! Someone please tell me there is still hope. I need a little string of hope right now..  

Wait-listed again! I know it's better than a rejection, but I'm going insane over here! But I guess it's pretty good for not having a background in SLP and having mediocre GRE scores!! Someone please tell me there is still hope. I need a little string of hope right now..  

There is hope!! #3 is super high and most schools go way beyond that!! My fingers crossed for you

Nevermind. I just looked at the results page and it looks like everyone is waitlisted for funding. Still super excited! Good luck to everyone!!!

Yeah I saw that too!  They probably just don't want people bugging them about scholarships, haha.  I would happily attend Northwestern again, but I think the price will probably end up being way too steep for me.  Are you thinking of attending?

You know, it's funny- she didn't tell us the deadline to decide, but I'm assuming it's the standard April 15th deadline. She also said we wouldn't be notified of funding until after April 15th. It's pretty inconvenient that we might (likely) have to make a decision before we have any clue how much it's going to cost us. There are so many factors weighing in on my decision, but I'm thiiiinking that my chances for funding are slim and I won't be able to swallow that much debt when it comes time to decide...

Hi y'all,

I wrote this within a separate post, but I feel like this will get more traffic;

So, I know there are some applicants who applied to NY SLP programs, and I hope to hear from NYMC applicants who've had interviews already.

My interview is via Skype on the 14th and I was told that I would have to read an article and write a response to which I email. Then, I am to have a one on one interview with a professor that is scenario based. I would like to know if anyone has gone through this type of interview at NYMC, and what sorts of things I could expect to be asked during my interview?

Congrats on getting an interview! Hope it went well! I have my interview at NYMC this Wednesday and--needless to say-- am freaking out! Has anyone answered you yet regarding what the interview was like? How'd yours go? Any pointers you can share would be greatly appreciated! Also curious as to what the writing component was like. I wonder how much skype vs. in person interviews differ. Thanks in advance!

You know, it's funny- she didn't tell us the deadline to decide, but I'm assuming it's the standard April 15th deadline. She also said we wouldn't be notified of funding until after April 15th. It's pretty inconvenient that we might (likely) have to make a decision before we have any clue how much it's going to cost us. There are so many factors weighing in on my decision, but I'm thiiiinking that my chances for funding are slim and I won't be able to swallow that much debt when it comes time to decide...

You know, thinking back on it, I've heard that before about Northwestern.  They won't tell you if you get a scholarship until AFTER you accept.  That seems crazy to me, since they are so expensive, but they must have enough accepted applicants to be able to do things that way.

You know, thinking back on it, I've heard that before about Northwestern.  They won't tell you if you get a scholarship until AFTER you accept.  That seems crazy to me, since they are so expensive, but they must have enough accepted applicants to be able to do things that way.

Lol, making us prove our loyalty before they show us theirs. I see you Northwestern o_O

There is hope!! #3 is super high and most schools go way beyond that!! My fingers crossed for you

Thank you! But I misunderstood, I'm not actually number 3 on the list. I was deferred. My mom get my letter at home and I she called me to tell me what it said and I thought she said I was number 3, so I heard wrong. I am so sad now! :( 

Thank you! But I misunderstood, I'm not actually number 3 on the list. I was deferred. My mom get my letter at home and I she called me to tell me what it said and I thought she said I was number 3, so I heard wrong. I am so sad now! :(

I'm so sorry!!! I don't know you personally but I am praying for an acceptance to come your way! And I really believe that what is meant to be will always happen- even if it's not the way we originally planned. *hugs*

I'm so sorry!!! I don't know you personally but I am praying for an acceptance to come your way! And I really believe that what is meant to be will always happen- even if it's not the way we originally planned. *hugs*

Aww thank you!! That means a lot to me! I was talking to my friends about it and she pointed out that "deferred" does sound like "the third." Which is kind of funny, but not funny at the same time! I'm not sure what deferred even means. Is it like a wait-list? 

I heard back from my final school! It is such a relief to know that the waiting game is finally over!! Once I get funding info from IU, I really think I'll be able to start making the big decision. Right now I'm still so unsure about where I want to go. My dream location, dream price tag, and dream program do not at all match up!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from schools!!