Stuck in limbo?

comrade

Does not hearing anything back from a school (despite knowing that rejection letters and interview invites went out in previous weeks) mean that you are on a wait-list?

I hear that some schools also send out notifications for those they put on the wait list. Do you know how the school you applied to historically handles admission results distribution? I think you can use the Results section to trace back, or better yet ask people that you know who went there. 

Does not hearing anything back from a school (despite knowing that rejection letters and interview invites went out in previous weeks) mean that you are on a wait-list?

Possibly. I can't say with absolute certainty, but in my case I contacted one of the programs I applied to because I hadn't heard anything despite others posting about interviews and invites to visit, and I was told I was waitlisted. I would say that if it's been a month or two since you applied and you haven't heard anything, it might be a good idea to contact them.

I'm also dealing with a bit of radio silence on programs I would have expected to hear from. I'm just trying to be patient for another week or so and then I will probably contact some of the programs to see where things are. It's only been 4 weeks since the deadline for some of my programs so I'm trying to believe it's a bit early still.

Feeling this too. Applies to UMD BISI back in Dec but haven't heard anything yet. Seems like interview weekends are late Feb, but not sure. No results for my concentration posted yet, so maybe I'm just being antsy? I kind of want to email the program head, but I know I should probably be patient. POI did say I should get the 2nd round of invites. Any advice about whether or not to email or when 2nd round goes out?

I was nervous about calling or emailing to see what was happening, but even though I got waitlisted it helped to have some news after not hearing anything at all. I guess it's probably personal preference. 

Yeesh well I hope I get your sister's luck!

I had a dream recently that I got accepted to my dream school. Then I told myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. So I "woke up" and found out that I got rejected from that school. Devastated. But then I actually woke up. And I'm still stuck in limbo.

Torturous inception :(  

Tell me about it.

My sister applied and was accepted to 5/5 schools within about 6 weeks. I'm going on six months. I wish more schools did rolling admissions!

Wow! That's amazing! I got into one school, so now I am using that as an excuse to check into the other ones who have not replied back. 

Yeesh well I hope I get your sister's luck!

I had a dream recently that I got accepted to my dream school. Then I told myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. So I "woke up" and found out that I got rejected from that school. Devastated. But then I actually woke up. And I'm still stuck in limbo.

Torturous inception :(  

Haha I also had a dream within a dream, but in both of those dreams, I got accepted. I was super disappointed when I actually woke up.