Columbia applicants - Fall 2014

casualrunnergal

Hi, I am still waiting on Columbia advanced standing as well. Got into two other schools, but Columbia is my first choice.

Going crazy with anticipation, and spoke with admissions who let me know I am still under review, and not in a waitlist situation yet. They said its not unheard of for advanced standing applicants to hear back late April/May. Hopefully I hear back sooner rather than later.

Applied: Columbia, Boston University, University of Toronto

Accepted: Boston University, University of Toronto

Edited by swrker24

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am still waiting on Columbia advanced standing as well. Got into two other schools, but Columbia is my first choice.

Going crazy with anticipation, and spoke with admissions who let me know I am still under review, and not in a waitlist situation yet. They said its not unheard of for advanced standing applicants to hear back late April/May. Hopefully I hear back sooner rather than later.

Applied: Columbia, Boston University, University of Toronto

Accepted: Boston University, University of Toronto

Hey, I researched your subject and here is what I found: (under the assumption that your undergraduate degree isn't from Columbia and you are applying for M.A.) http://gsas.columbia.edu/content/advanced-standing-and-transfer-credit

"No transfer credit or advanced standing is granted toward the Master of Arts degree at Columbia for courses taken outside Columbia University." Tell me more about advanced standing, I may have misunderstood the process. ;)

Edited by quickjudgement

So because I already hold a BSW, I am eligible to apply for  the MSW with advanced standing. Basically, this just means its a sub group of the MSW like 2 years, 16 months..etc With the MSW advanced standing you graduate in a year