Ten?!

serotoninronin

Does anyone else laugh reading the description of this forum? As if waiting for decisions only increases the frequency with which I check my e-mail by just ten per day. Maybe like ten a minute.

Edited by serotoninronin

I am losing my freaking mind!  This is absolute psychological warfare, and I can't tell if logging in to this forum is therapeutic or self-destructive.... they say catharsis only makes it worse for people...

Reading everyone's "stats" is like instagram-envy on acid.

Who has my antidote?

I am losing my freaking mind!  This is absolute psychological warfare, and I can't tell if logging in to this forum is therapeutic or self-destructive.... they say catharsis only makes it worse for people...

Who has my antidote?

Have you tried this "beer" thing?

It really is terrible though, and it never gets any better. I feel like I'm almost having my most obsessive season ever, and this is, on one way of counting, my third go round on this (MA, PhD, and now an attempted transfer).

Who has my antidote?

I've been told to stop logging on, but I think I'm addicted. It's like a car crash and I just help but slow down a bit and look at everything that's happening. Jealous of people getting accepted and feeling bummed about people that don't get into their dream schools.

They should set a limit for how many times you can check results...

This is actually a reasonable idea. There is such a thing as public health interventions for mental health...

........ But please please please nobody recommend this to the site admin. This site is the cause of and the solution to all of my problems.

All of the schools I've applied to will likely be closed tomorrow. I doubt there will be any updates tomorrow. How will I keep myself from checking my email "ten" times a day? I don't know of any TV shows I haven't already binged on.

Tons of cleaning it is, then...

agree with the dexter recommendation! great show.  Shameless is also awesome, as long as you don't mind crude humor.  if your looking for something light and funny, definitely suggest Modern Family.  haha i feel like i watched every single show ever over winter break to distract myself, and now that i'm back at school i have less time for tv but more time to worry lol

Oh man, I might have to write a browser plugin...

On the plus side, it would take up some of my time! ;)

All of the schools I've applied to will likely be closed tomorrow. I doubt there will be any updates tomorrow. How will I keep myself from checking my email "ten" times a day? I don't know of any TV shows I haven't already binged on.

You make a point, the schools I've applied to will be closed as well! Phew. That actually makes me feel a lot better haha thanks!

agree with the dexter recommendation! great show.  Shameless is also awesome, as long as you don't mind crude humor.  if your looking for something light and funny, definitely suggest Modern Family.  haha i feel like i watched every single show ever over winter break to distract myself, and now that i'm back at school i have less time for tv but more time to worry lol

I love Shameless. I started watching it a couple of weeks ago, but made the mistake of introducing it to my boyfriend. Now I'm not allowed to watch it without him... and we're snowed in in different houses  <_<

Oh man, I might have to write a browser plugin...

On the plus side, it would take up some of my time! ;)

Well if you ever figure that out, do share. I hear I may have much longer to wait  :wacko:

How about checking 15 application websites 10 times per day to see if the status has changed?

I can imagine the row of open tabs on your web browser ... I thought me having my three applications, Gmail, then Grad Cafe Results Search for sociology and the sociology grad cafe forum page was a lot haha.  I'm right there with you!

Nah, screw that, watch some Mystery Science Theater 3000, if you never have. I loved it as a kid, but it's helped me keep my sanity all through grad school and through this nightmare of a process. (Start with "Final Sacrifice")

This is actually a reasonable idea. There is such a thing as public health interventions for mental health...

........ But please please please nobody recommend this to the site admin. This site is the cause of and the solution to all of my problems.

'the cause of and the solution to all of my problems', like Homer Simpson and beer, huh?   :D 

Maybe I'll pitch it to the admins.

After this season is over.

Anyone have any ideas for protocol when contacting a POI? I just received an e-mail from mine saying there might be a position open in the fall but she's not sure and good luck on my application. I feel like most people have ongoing communication with their POI. Anything I should do? I kind of want her to like me enough to contact the admissions board about me if we talked more. I was hoping that would give me a better chance of getting in  <_<