Rejection thread

ianfaircloud

Rejected from UCSD. Don't care. lol Your grad students would be lucky to TA for me. I'm going to Harvard Fucking University.

Gee, DHumeDominates. That was a little harsh!!

You should tell people, in every situation, that you are going to "HFU."  That's "Harvard Fucking University."

so the Chicago rejections and MAPH acceptances are rolling out. I just got one; nein danke.

Same here lol. Such a waste of time.

does anyone NOT get in the MAPH?

Of course not! How would the university get money if they didn't suck desperate philosophy students dry?

"but our admissions committee found your file strong enough to recommend you for admission to the Master of Arts Program in the Humanities."

I'm sure they did.

Edited by bar_scene_gambler

I'd be curious to meet someone who actually went through with the program.

anyways I just turned down the offer - I wouldn't take it even if I didn't have PhD programs willing to give me money but since I do I really relished it.

anyways I just turned down the offer - I wouldn't take it even if I didn't have PhD programs willing to give me money but since I do I really relished it.

Oh rub it in why don't you. I'll just go back to my corner and cry sob sob.

Edited by bar_scene_gambler

Oh rub it in why don't you. I'll just go back to my corner and cry sob sob.

i mean i didn't mean to brag - mostly I wanted to express my profound disdain for the whole MAPH affair - being what a cash-cow it is, the automatic acceptance deal strikes me as really unprofessional or at least strange coming from a department I respect as much as Chicago.

i mean i didn't mean to brag - mostly I wanted to express my profound disdain for the whole MAPH affair - being what a cash-cow it is, the automatic acceptance deal strikes me as really unprofessional or at least strange coming from a department I respect as much as Chicago.

It's okay. I wasn't serious anyways. I've mostly accepted the fact that I'll need to reapply and I'm working out how to improve my application for next time. It is totally unprofessional though. It's not exclusively done in philosophy though, so I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

Someone I went to undergrad with did it. He was basically the most pretentious person I've ever met. So maybe only self important assholes go there?

Someone I went to undergrad with did it. He was basically the most pretentious person I've ever met. So maybe only self important assholes go there?

Maybe it's because self-important assholes can't get in anywhere else.