Rejection thread

ianfaircloud

I've applied to 7 terminal MA programs. I just heard back from the first one, Georgia State University: Rejected. 

Pretty bummed about this. I was under the impression that GSU's program would be one of the less difficult to get into, being that they had 23 spots open. 

A friend of mine just got rejected there, he's pretty heartbroken, it was his 'safety school'. 

I've applied to 7 terminal MA programs. I just heard back from the first one, Georgia State University: Rejected. 

Pretty bummed about this. I was under the impression that GSU's program would be one of the less difficult to get into, being that they had 23 spots open. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Honestly, I feel like things are totally up in the air. It's a guessing game the whole way through, and I doubt anyone can really have a safety school.

Hang in there. You have six other schools left to hear from. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Honestly, I feel like things are totally up in the air. It's a guessing game the whole way through, and I doubt anyone can really have a safety school.

Hang in there. You have six other schools left to hear from. 

Thank you both for the encouragement. Also, apparently I miscalculated: I have seven left to hear from. Thank goodness. 

also rejected at Georgetown - I saw the others and decided to check the website (i.e. i've yet to get an email). Bummed but not terribly so; I would've loved to work with Pinkard and Ver Eecke.

Edited by Weltgeist

"Thank you very much for applying to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Yale University. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission. As you know, the very high number of extraordinary candidates among our more than 10,600 applicants far exceeds the number of places we have in each program, so we are not able to admit many excellent candidates.

We are using this system of electronic notification to communicate with you five to ten days more rapidly than we could by letter. We hope that this approach helps applicants plan their futures quickly and effectively. We wish you every success in all your endeavors."

10,600  :blink: 

Edited by nietzschemarket

"Thank you very much for applying to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Yale University. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission. As you know, the very high number of extraordinary candidates among our more than 10,600 applicants far exceeds the number of places we have in each program, so we are not able to admit many excellent candidates.

We are using this system of electronic notification to communicate with you five to ten days more rapidly than we could by letter. We hope that this approach helps applicants plan their futures quickly and effectively. We wish you every success in all your endeavors."

10,600  :blink: 

to the entire grad school, all concentrations