2014 Biology Grad Warriors

Monochrome Spring

I was accepted into MIT, CalTech,  Harvard, Brown, Cambridge, and Joe's Podunk University!!!!  I am going to accept Joe's  :) !!!

Just kidding.  Denied, denied, and denied again.  I'm still waiting on one program but considering it is quite the reach compared to my other applied-to programs and I have yet to hear anything I am not holding my breath.  I am already looking forward to next year and good luck to all of those who were admitted this cycle. 

Thanks, yeah I've looked into the Mt. Vernon area, it's nice around there. I've also been looking at the crime maps, but like everyone always tells me, there are pockets of good and bad there. Knowing where the bad pockets are will be my biggest challenge until I actually live there. 

I haven't yet looked into the circulator or shuttle routes, I'll check that out next, thanks for the idea. As for a roommate, I won't really know until I get into better contact with the department to see if anyone is in need of a roommate... so for now I'm just looking at one bedroom or studio places. 

Everyone I know who went to JHU for grad school lived in either Mt. Vernon or Charles Village.   

For shuttle routes:

http://www.baltimorecollegetown.org

The Circular is cool but I'd avoid it if possible.

Baltimore is different than most major U.S. cities in that in every other major city you have decent areas with pockets of bad areas, yet, with Baltimore you have bad areas with pockets of decent areas.