2014 Biology Grad Warriors

Monochrome Spring

I have officially accepted the offer from the Biophysics and Computational Biology PhD Program at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign! I can't wait to start in the fall!

I have officially accepted the offer from the Biophysics and Computational Biology PhD Program at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign! I can't wait to start in the fall!

Congrats sqxz!!! I'm so happy that everything worked out for you and that you're happy with the decision. :D :D :D 

I've just decided to accept the Harvard Biophysics offer! I'm still contemplating a one-year deferral, so I'm not sure if I'll be in Cambridge this fall or next, but boy does it feel great to have this finally nailed down. :)

Congrats sqxz!!! I'm so happy that everything worked out for you and that you're happy with the decision. :D :D :D

I've just decided to accept the Harvard Biophysics offer! I'm still contemplating a one-year deferral, so I'm not sure if I'll be in Cambridge this fall or next, but boy does it feel great to have this finally nailed down. :)

Thanks! I feel so fortunate that everything turned out so well for me when it could so easily have turned out very differently.

Congratulations to you too on deciding where to go! I'm sure you'll do great things there!

Officially admitted by the Graduate School at Illinois! In a couple days, I can set up my university email! It's all becoming so real so fast! Anyone else started their apartment hunt yet?

Edited by sqxz

Officially admitted by the Graduate School at Illinois! In a couple days, I can set up my university email! It's all becoming so real so fast! Anyone else started their apartment hunt yet?

I have, but I suspect I won't have much luck until the spring semester ends because I'm moving to a small city.

I have, but I suspect I won't have much luck until the spring semester ends because I'm moving to a small city.

Really? Is it a college town? In Champaign-Urbana, most leases start in August, but the leases for the more popular apartments are usually signed in October of the previous year. Thankfully, undergraduates there mostly live in 2 or 4 bedroom apartments, so there are still some studios and 1 bedroom apartments left for me!

Really? Is it a college town? In Champaign-Urbana, most leases start in August, but the leases for the more popular apartments are usually signed in October of the previous year. Thankfully, undergraduates there mostly live in 2 or 4 bedroom apartments, so there are still some studios and 1 bedroom apartments left for me!

Yeah, college towns can be fierce with the housing since most people living there are students. It's actually easier in a big city cause of the variety of folks and their various occupations. I'd get started ASAP, Vene!

Yeah, college towns can be fierce with the housing since most people living there are students. It's actually easier in a big city cause of the variety of folks and their various occupations. I'd get started ASAP, Vene!

I've called up various landlords and am on wait lists. I also filled out the application for a university apartment. I did this last month actually and the landlords gave me the impression that I was looking very early for a place to live. FYI, I'm going to Burlington, VT and am hunting for a 1 bedroom if that means anything. I think I'm able to afford a little more than most students because my wife has an income so I won't be living on just my stipend. Edited by Vene

Committed to the Baylor College of Medicine IMBS =D Nothing feels better than to be done with this application process!!! 

So did I! I'm finally done with all this. Hello, my fellow Houston-ites!!! Message me if you want to talk about Houston, moving, school or anything else. Where are you other Houston-ers thinking of moving in the area?

So did I! I'm finally done with all this. Hello, my fellow Houston-ites!!! Message me if you want to talk about Houston, moving, school or anything else. Where are you other Houston-ers thinking of moving in the area?

Awesome, great choice! We actually met on the ABBS interview, so I'll PM you sometime soon about our future city. :) Very excited for all these changes!

I'd just like to say- Way to man up guys! We allllllllll had a rough ride. It won't get easier, but we made it. Don't forget the perservierence that got us all this far; we are gonna need it for sure. Gluck to all and hope to chat with you around.