NC State Masters Analytics

throwaway1234

The primer can be either online or in person. I'm doing it either way and in person, try to settle in and meet some people before we have to hit the ground running. I'm hoping we get the test soon... or more importantly on the forum. Kind of nervous that I'm moving down in less than 2 months and don't know where I'm living 

Yes their job placement is definitely good. At a glance it looks like most people end up in NC and surrounding east coast states like i thought.

That is great that they expose students to some other technologies. I'd still argue that when you graduate from a program that is sponsored by SAS and pushes SAS certifications for its students, it's kind of the direction you are geared for. Not that it is a bad thing in any way shape or form.. Just also something to consider

Fair points. I think the companies that come to NC State's campus to recruit are generally going to be companies located in the Eastern time zone, but the program is respected enough that down the line I wouldn't rule out being able to interview with Google or other west coast firms.

Great insight on here... I'm also deciding between NC State, Texas, and LSU.  

I'm in Texas, and would like to end up in Texas, as well as it seems Texas tends to be givingt more money in order to make it more enticing.  I talked to a current UT student this week, and I know they have a heavy focus on R, but are exposed to SAS and some other tools as well.  They seem like they've been very reactive to student suggestions, as she said that there were a LOT of industry events and networking opportunities through McComb and the program specifically.

However, LSU (easier move) and NC state (hardest move) are more established, so there's a heavy pull there...  Tough choices to make in the next couple of weeks.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2015 here! Applied mid-December right before holidays so not worried yet. Looking at last year I think I'll wait at least a month before worrying, looks like plenty of interview requests went out early February.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm, I saw on the 'results search' page that a person has got an invite for an interview with NCSU- MSA. Is there anyone else too who has got an invite or has any update?

Thanks!

Edited by analyticsguy

Hello everyone,

I applied in the first week of January 2015, and waiting for the updates.

even i saw that on the search page, but no more udpates

wishing you all the very best in the application :)

Interview was almost same at the first page.

Why NCSU? What are you gonna do? Whats your name?

There were 4~5 people. Professor on the call, phd student, director...

And ask about basic two statistic questions, about regression part but i didnt well reply. Except for that, every question was about your things on resume.

They were kind and no pressure at all. Just do your best!

Edited by mozart25

Hi @mozart25 thanks for the info!

when did u apply though?

oh! i missed.

I applied late september as an international applicants.. so early.

And today I checked that committee might have taken interview before March i think.