Waitlist Thread

Zukunftsmusik

Form email from Scott Pratt. I think it was the same email they sent for the first-round rejections because it never acknowledged that I had been on a waitlist. 

Form email from Scott Pratt. I think it was the same email they sent for the first-round rejections because it never acknowledged that I had been on a waitlist. 

Sorry to hear that. One day you'll make it out of NOVA, I promise. 

Sorry to hear that. One day you'll make it out of NOVA, I promise. 

I'm a little south of NOVA, thankfully. These rejections would be a lot more depressing if I were getting them in Fairfax. 

I don't go to school there, but I grew up in Virginia Beach, which is a nice blend of NOVA and SOVA attitudes. Traffic is better, and we're not as racist as the western half of the state!

Good news! Scott Pratt just emailed me. The form rejection was an error, and I'm still on the waitlist. 

Awesome. And just like Virginia Beach is the fence between two worlds (SOVA and NOVA) on which you sit, so too is the wait-list on which you find yourself. It's worthy to remember that sitting on the fence all day will make your arse hurt. 

My girlfriend was just wait-listed at UCR, will post in this thread again if she ends up turning it down.

So interested to hear what happens with your two-body problem! 

Waitlisted at UCR - will be turning it down shortly. Good luck to others on it! 

No word yet from UCR to me. I guess that means I'm out, even though the website still says my application is "being processed." Has anyone else removed themselves from the wait-list?

MattDest: does your account still say "being processed?" Congratulations on Arizona, by the way! I bet it feels nice to know where you're going already!  

Edited by Wait For It...

No word yet from UCR to me. I guess that means I'm out, even though the website still says my application is "being processed." Has anyone else removed themselves from the wait-list?

MattDest: does your account still say "being processed?" Congratulations on Arizona, by the way! I bet it feels nice to know where you're going already!  

Yep, it still says that. 

Matt, your gf seems to be killing it! Congrats to her! 

Also claiming a UCR wait list. Anyone know more details? 

That's Monadology's girlfriend, but I agree that she is killing it. The e-mail I got was light on details. 

Edited by MattDest

Also claiming a UCR wait list. Anyone know more details? 

I emailed Mark Wrathall back.  He said that its an unranked wait list, and they try to keep things balanced out in term of interests, so if a spot opens up for someone with your interests, then you get admitted.

So what are the AOI's of the people on the wait-list or who have been accepted?

I'm kind of broad with German philosophy, ethics, phil religion, and aesthetics.

I just took myself off the DePaul waitlist. I will be also declining Fordham's offer soon. Hope this helps those that are in the waitlist(s). While it was easy to decline a spot in a waitlist, I find it a lot harder to write to Fordham and tell them I will decline their offer of admission. Any advise on how to decline an offer in a nice way?