Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

(and commiserations on all the shitty news from Princeton)! 

So true about the commiserations! I didn't apply to Princeton, but I did apply to Northwestern, which sent out results last week -- knowing that lots of other people also got denied took some some of the sting out of the rejection letter. 

Congrats telkanuru; assume you want to work with the historian who works on high medieval monasticism?

Yeah, between Remensnyder, Conant, and Bonde, the medieval faculty within my area at Brown is quite strong.

dDMvqPp.png

Congrats! I appreciate the info about apply Web. I had honestly started to think that I was compulsively checking my applyweb applications for no good reason. May the completely futile attempt to gain admission by logging in to the application to check on its status more than any other candidate continue!

@Aubstopper — thank you! The hope dies last :)

HUJI is not a bad option, but it's too bad they don't have the funding for you. I still have not heard back yet from one freaking university, so naturally, my mind goes to "well, duh, because they've all rejected you."

I'll reply to your email soon (I haven't forgotten!). I have been without a computer for the past week and so it's more difficult to write long responses to things. 

I just got into Brown!

I got into Albany, but I'm most likely going to turn down the offer. I've just been waiting to get more info on funding from Minn and Davis before I make that decision. The department at Albany is wonderful, so this totally sucks, but I know it's a good problem to have. I know they do admission in waves, and once they hear back from the first wave they start admitting the second, so hopefully someone else gets good news :)

Congrats to you both, thats awesome!

Hello y'all, congrats to all the admits and best wishes to the yet-to-be! 

I have a situation here and hope to gain some insights from you. I got into a Ph.D program with five years funding + etc and a substantially funded MA program from an institution, in which, according to the faculty, would give me a great chance to continue my doctoral degree. The two schools are both top-notch, but I have been dreaming of getting trained under the faculty at the latter. what should I choose?   

Edited by catofthesecondstreet

Hello y'all, congrats to all the admits and best wishes to the yet-to-be! 

I have a situation here and hope to gain some insights from you. I got into a Ph.D program with five years funding + etc and a substantially funded MA program from an institution, in which, according to the faculty, would give me a great chance to continue my doctoral degree. The two schools are both top-notch, but I have been dreaming of getting trained under the faculty at the latter. what should I choose?   

Congrats on your acceptances.  That is kind of a hard question to answer without more information.  Does one program fit you better than the other?  Does one program offer more funding than another?  How certain are the faculty that you could continue?  You might also want to consider mentioning to the MA program that you have a PhD admit from the other school and see if they can give you a better offer...