NOT EVEN ONE ACCEPTANCE YET? LETS VENT HERE!!

not one acceptance yet!

I hope Florida is the lucky one!

My plan B as of now is to retake the GRE and possibly a new job.

I am in the same boat. I am still waiting and still feeling optimistic I will get into the final school I am waiting on...

My Plan B is to retake the GRE. I will have to also rewrite my SOP. 

I've already started my plan b - apply to a new job and later retake GREs and reapply 

optimism has gone out the window here :/

I took a couple graduate level courses as a non-matriculated student. I just filled out a non-degree/non-matriculated student application (basically just to show I completed my bachelors). Like Arcanelady said, it doesnt boost your undergrad GPA, but it is another transcript you can send. I was the only student taking non-matriculated classes that semester, but a girl who started her masters and then took a year off for personal reasons said that there were a couple other students who did the same thing her first year. I dont know how much it improves an application, unless you are applying to the school where you are taking the classes. But I think it might have helped me get on more waitlists. That said, I would contact schools you are interested in and ask if taking graduate level classes might impove your appliation. They will be honest with you! :)

I took a couple graduate level courses as a non-matriculated student. I just filled out a non-degree/non-matriculated student application (basically just to show I completed my bachelors). Like Arcanelady said, it doesnt boost your undergrad GPA, but it is another transcript you can send. I was the only student taking non-matriculated classes that semester, but a girl who started her masters and then took a year off for personal reasons said that there were a couple other students who did the same thing her first year. I dont know how much it improves an application, unless you are applying to the school where you are taking the classes. But I think it might have helped me get on more waitlists. That said, I would contact schools you are interested in and ask if taking graduate level classes might impove your appliation. They will be honest with you! :)

Thank you!  I wasn't sure about this situation because I have heard people say to me to take classes at the graduate level, but I wasn't sure how that even would work and if it would count towards my undergrad GPA.  so thanks that clears some things up for me!

I have 2 wait-lists (at Adelphi and Mercy) and am waiting on 4 schools still. I am very anxious as it's very late in the game.  However, I am trying to be calm and patient.  I am really hoping and praying at least one of these schools accept me.

GUYS. I just got off the waitlist at U of I! I thought I was already done for and was literally in the process of registering for more prerequisites for next fall after giving up all hope. IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU! Keep your hopes up!

:) Yay!  Congrats!! 

I've got 3 waitlists and I'm waiting on 3 schools. But it's now after April 15th. Here's to hoping for good news the next week or so!

Did you contact any of your schools after they waitlisted you to let them know you're still interested? (assuming you are) 

Vent: I have to apply a third time! (sobbing) this is so disappointing.

Ok done, now moving forward...

Positive note: Another year to gain ever more experience within the field. Opportunity to save more money for grad school. Opportunity to strengthen my application that could possibly appeal to even more schools: dream schools. When it finally does happen, it will be the best day, knowing how hard I had to fight for it. Once I am in,  you bet your a** I am not going to take the opportunity for granted. Once I am in, I have a feeling that It will be the place I was meant to be in all along.

Good luck to all of you and for all of you still waiting, no matter what happens don't lose your faith and believe that something better out there has also been waiting for you. XO My Slpeeps

Guys, this April 15th deadline is killing me right now. I'm waitlisted and they told me they would contact people after the 15th with decisions, but they would not tell me where I was on the waitlist. I have been anxiously checking my e-mail, phone, and mailbox in case something arrives....haven't heard a peep! I think waiting is the worst part of this entire experience!!! Its really weighing me down this week. 

I hope everyone is starting to hear back from schools and getting some acceptances. Congratulations to all of you who have gotten into a school! 

Guys, this April 15th deadline is killing me right now. I'm waitlisted and they told me they would contact people after the 15th with decisions, but they would not tell me where I was on the waitlist. I have been anxiously checking my e-mail, phone, and mailbox in case something arrives....haven't heard a peep! I think waiting is the worst part of this entire experience!!! Its really weighing me down this week. 

I hope everyone is starting to hear back from schools and getting some acceptances. Congratulations to all of you who have gotten into a school! 

I feel the SAME way!   I can't focus on anything else right now, it is the only thing on my mind.  I'm constantly on the results section of the site.  I have 2 waitlists, and waiting on 4 schools.  I have a strong feeling that 2 of the 4 I'm waiting on are going to be rejections - and that's just me being optimistic!  They have already been sending out results, and I haven't heard a peep from any!  I don't think I have ever been so anxious for such a long period of time. I just need one, please!

Positive note: Another year to gain ever more experience within the field. Opportunity to save more money for grad school. Opportunity to strengthen my application that could possibly appeal to even more schools: dream schools. When it finally does happen, it will be the best day, knowing how hard I had to fight for it. Once I am in,  you bet your a** I am not going to take the opportunity for granted. Once I am in, I have a feeling that It will be the place I was meant to be in all along.

Good luck to all of you and for all of you still waiting, no matter what happens don't lose your faith and believe that something better out there has also been waiting for you. XO My Slpeeps

Oh bless your heart!  Definitely look at all the positives.  Building experience will definitely make you a stronger applicant in the next round.  I'm still waiting on schools, but I am now starting to look for jobs just in case.  I can't imagine myself being anything other than an SLP though...I just love it so much and my entire heart is invested in it.  I keep telling myself that whatever happens, happens and is what is meant to be.  It is not a reflection of who I am as person and that whatever happens will be the right path for me and eventually in the long run I will be led to my ultimate dream!

Oh my goodness, I know what you mean! I am hoping to get off the waitlist at Northern Colorado. For google chrome users, you know how a new window shows the most frequent webpages? my top two are my email and gradcafe. The internet is such a blessing and a curse. Yesterday someone posted on the results page that they were added to the waitlist for Northern Colorado and I completely freaked out trying to determine what it meant. 

Hey guys! This is my third year applying, and I finally got an acceptance and 2 wait lists. Don't lose hope! I promise your season will come. If this is your dream, keep pursuing it! Good luck to those of you who are still waiting!

congrats that is awesome!  do you mind if I ask what you did to improve your application?

I feel you so much on all of this!!! I hope we both get some good news soon! :)

congrats that is awesome!  do you mind if I ask what you did to improve your application?

I wrote a stronger letter of intent, retook the GRE, and used different professors for my LOR's. I talked to them and got personal with them about who I was and why I was interested. As you can see my cumulative GPA was not strong, but I explained that in my letter. I also did not have any additional observation hours. I was, however, a teacher for 3 years (foreign and domestic). Message me if you have any questions. I know how difficilt this process is. It has been a long road for my family and I, but I am so grateful it is over!

Still waiting to hear something...

*Fingers crossed HARD for good news this week!*

Hang in there! I haven't heard a peep from Northern Colorado and it doesn't seem like they've sent out a second round of acceptances yet. I don't think Idaho State is done yet either. 

Still waiting to hear something...

*Fingers crossed HARD for good news this week!*

Have you looked into this program? I don't know if it would work for you, but I'm considering applying just because ISU is so expensive. I know you're limited to distance programs too. 

Have you looked into this program? I don't know if it would work for you, but I'm considering applying just because ISU is so expensive. I know you're limited to distance programs too. 

I'm also going distance ed, but it's so expensive right now! Just curious which program you're talking about.

I feel your pain. But I am so happy that your are being super positive about the situation. Not everything needs to happen in a year, or two or even three sometimes because some really great achievements take time. It WILL definitely happen, and you will be in an even better situation! I'm almost in the same situation and I'm starting to feel like giving up, but the fact that you are picking yourself up already shows so much strength.

Good luck and stay strong!