Souvenirs from the places you applied??

LittleDarlings

So this is random but I was thinking about getting a souvenir from the schools I applied to. It was only 4 programs. I just want to remember it, I decided on a program and I just want to remember the others. I want maybe a hoodie or a mug? Has anyone else kind of done something similar? I just feel happy that I made it through the process I remember being terrified and luckily everything worked out well:)

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Very exciting and interesting.

1912480_10201804347170514_343625872_n.jp

Haha I don't know what's creepier. That picture or what LittleDarlings does on her lunch breaks (i.e. planning baby names). 

Haha I don't know what's creepier. That picture or what LittleDarlings does on her lunch breaks (i.e. planning baby names).

I did it while working actually :)

My friend was discussing it with me and the girl who just came back from maternity leave.

I got a small souvenir from the campus bookstore from many of the places I visited in the process of making a decision. Most of the programs also gave all visiting students something too. My "loot" includes a coffee mug, a t-shirt, and some simulated Mars dust (my favourite!).

I got a small souvenir from the campus bookstore from many of the places I visited in the process of making a decision. Most of the programs also gave all visiting students something too. My "loot" includes a coffee mug, a t-shirt, and some simulated Mars dust (my favourite!).

That's awesome!!! I don't know that I will visit any of my schools because I made my decision already. I love getting coffee mugs! I got one at work and they are just awesome :))

That's wicked cute! I love the dust. :)

The only school I visited gave us a college shirt, a thermos, and a bag to hold it. They also kept trying to get us drunk. I said yes to them. ;p

That would be cool I will probably save them maybe scrapbook

I like the idea of printing and framing my rejection emails (snail mail ones too) and hanging them on the wall - too bad I'm probably too lazy to do it :(

Edited by aphdapplicant

I was just trying to figure out if it's lame to spend $15 on shipping to order a hoodie from the school I will be attending! haha. 

Visit your campus store on Day 1 and just buy the hoodie then! 

Or buy lots of university crap and ship it all at once. $15 shipping for just one hoodie is a little silly. ;) 

There's now a hole in the sweater I wore to my UCLA audition. I was cleaning out my clothes recently and went to throw it in the "goes" pile. Couldn't do it. I'll keep it forever even if I shouldn't get it. Something to remember what a great experience this all has been.

I was just trying to figure out if it's lame to spend $15 on shipping to order a hoodie from the school I will be attending! haha.

I totally ordered one for myself. The shipping was much less than $15, but still. I did it, wouldn't discourage it... :P

Although St. Andrew's Lynx had a good suggestion: order a few items (if you'd like) to justify the higher shipping!

Edited by Munashi

I actually might do souvenirs from all the colleges I took classes at for my undergrad... My school is part of a Five College Consortium, and I took Russian at Amherst and Smith college. :)

I kind of just want an excuse to get their shirts anyway. Amherst, MA is the only Amherst I know of that specifically does not pronounce the "h", so there's a shirt I want that says "Am'erst College", hehe. And then if I get the shirt with "SMITH" in giant letters, I can wear an open hoodie and it just looks like "MIT". It took me forever to figure out why Smithies were so obsessed with MIT! XD