SLP Post-Bacc Programs

This is the email I woke up to this morning...

" We understand that you have been waiting a while for notification regarding your application to the Speech-Language Pathology Master's Preparatory Certificate Program at Cal State LA, and we apologize for the delay.

We are prepared to offer you admission to the Certificate Program at this time. However, before we formally admit you, we need to have some assurance about the number of spaces we will be reserving in the program. As such, you need to reply to this email by Tuesday, June 10th if you still wish to start the Certificate Program in the Fall. If we do not receive your email by that deadline, your application to the Certificate Program will be denied.

If you accept this offer of admission by the June 10th deadline, you will receive additional information about the program via email at the end of June. In addition, you will be asked to attend an orientation meeting in August or September.

You are welcome to email me back if you have any questions prior to accepting the offer of admission. Don't forget that we must receive your acceptance email no later than June 10th. If we receive it by that time, we will formally admit you to the Certificate Program. "

I. AM. SO. EXCITED.! :D

This is the email I woke up to this morning...

" We understand that you have been waiting a while for notification regarding your application to the Speech-Language Pathology Master's Preparatory Certificate Program at Cal State LA, and we apologize for the delay.

We are prepared to offer you admission to the Certificate Program at this time. However, before we formally admit you, we need to have some assurance about the number of spaces we will be reserving in the program. As such, you need to reply to this email by Tuesday, June 10th if you still wish to start the Certificate Program in the Fall. If we do not receive your email by that deadline, your application to the Certificate Program will be denied.

If you accept this offer of admission by the June 10th deadline, you will receive additional information about the program via email at the end of June. In addition, you will be asked to attend an orientation meeting in August or September.

You are welcome to email me back if you have any questions prior to accepting the offer of admission. Don't forget that we must receive your acceptance email no later than June 10th. If we receive it by that time, we will formally admit you to the Certificate Program. "

I. AM. SO. EXCITED.! :D

Congratulations! I got it too! So excited because it was the only program I applied to. Will we be able to do a one year masters program after the post bacc?

Congrats to you too! We still need to do a 2 year masters program, so we'll be applying next year again. This program is for out of field applicants so I'm assuming all these classes will be prerequisites. I haven't replied to the email yet because I didn't want to come off as too ecstatic haha, but I'll reply by tomorrow stating I'd like to accept this offer. :)

For anyone that hasn't heard from CSULB, I called them today and they offered 47 spots for their MPP & the deadline to accept their spots is today. Theres 12 people on their wait list & if your admission status says that your application was sent to the department, it means that you're on the wait list. They will contact those off the wait lists if spots open up by the end of next week. I'm #5. Sigh. Congrats to those that were accepted and good luck to fellow wait listers!

Thanks for the info! I've also been waiting for a decsion from CSULB. I have been checking my application status and it still said/says it has been forwarded to the department. After reading your post, I called the department today (First time someone has answered my call which was interesting) and they told me I was #7 on the waitlist...so I know the feeling =/. Here's hoping that 7 people turn down their offers!

I'm new to this forum (just found it today) but glad I did as I will be applying to other post-bacc programs if I don't get into CSULB's.  Any idea what your next steps will be if you don't get in to this program?? Thanks and good luck!

Hi everyone!

I have been looking at this thread for some time, but this is my first time posting on here.

First off, I just want to congratulate everyone who got accepted to post-bacc programs. So happy for you guys!

So here is my dilemma:

I also applied to CSULA’s post-bacc program; however, I did not receive an email stating that I was accepted or rejected from the program yet. When I called their office yesterday, the lady I spoke with said that they are still sending out acceptance emails in groups during the next few days. She said that if we had not heard anything yet, there still might be a chance to hear back from them. 

I was just wondering if anyone else received this response, too. (I should also mention that I sent my application in a few days before the April 26 deadline.)

I have already been accepted to Portland State University (though they do accept everyone because it’s a non-competitive program--lol), and I’m also still waiting to hear back from CSUN. I just don’t want to stress out over CSULA if I don't need to!

Thank you!

Hey all! Just curious- I know that these are not the same at all, but do you think that for PREREQUISITE purposes, that a school would consider neuroscience of communication for a speech and hearing science? Like I said, I know that they are two completely different classes, but I just wanted to get some input to see if anyone thinks it could be counted as the prerequisite in that category. Thanks in advance! 

I didn't receive an acceptance or rejection email either. :( hopefully we receive an email soon!

Stay hopeful! Also, call them this upcoming week. CSULA told me by the first week of June, they'd have a list of the names of people who were supposed to have received an email. NERVE WRECKING I know, but it beats playing the waiting game.

I didn't receive an acceptance or rejection email either. :( hopefully we receive an email soon!

Uhtheenah,

I was just wondering, did your application status change recently (as in the past week) on CSULA GET? My application status said "complete" up until recently, then it changed to "incomplete." When I asked the lady from the admission's office, she said that the "incomplete" status means that they are just looking at the applications. She said the only reason the "incomplete" status would be bad is if the office did not receive one's transcripts in time. I sent my transcripts weeks before the deadline, so I hope that they received them in time.  :unsure:

I might call them again sometime this upcoming week. Hopefully, we both can get some good news. 

Edited by OnnaJurnee

Uhtheenah,

I was just wondering, did your application status change recently (as in the past week) on CSULA GET? My application status said "complete" up until recently, then it changed to "incomplete." When I asked the lady from the admission's office, she said that the "incomplete" status means that they are just looking at the applications. She said the only reason the "incomplete" status would be bad is if the office did not receive one's transcripts in time. I sent my transcripts weeks before the deadline, so I hope that they received them in time. :unsure:

I might call them again sometime this upcoming week. Hopefully, we both can get some good news.

Mine used to say complete about a month ago and then it switched to incomplete and remained that way until now. I called the office about it and a lady told me that they're just reviewing my application-- that it could switch between complete and incomplete during the whole process. -_-

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully we'll both get some good news! I'm just so tired of waiting :(

I also have an incomplete on my application status. The lady on the phone told me they either had not reviewed my app yet, or they were still waiting on my transcripts which freaked me out. I just resent them on Friday, so i hope it makes it in time.. I sent my transcripts around the same time I sent in my app though. (April 23 I believe)

Just tried calling and was put on hold for 30 mins and had to leave for work. Did anyone have any luck getting through?

I just called the admissions office and I spoke with Marcie. In regards to my application, she said that mine is still under consideration for the program and that my application has not been denied as of yet. She said that they will be sending the next batch of admissions offers after the deadline for the first group of applicants has passed. She wanted me to call back tomorrow so that she could tell me when the deadline is for the first group (but I think others on this thread have stated that the deadline is June 10th). She also told me to call back next week to check up on the status of my application.

However, I do not know how many spots will be available for the second group of applicants. She said that they have always moved onto the second group of applicants in past years, though. 

Edited by OnnaJurnee

For those that are going to CSULA or live in LA, what areas/neighborhoods are good to live in around the school? I'll be moving from San Diego in August/September. Any kind of advice/input would be awesome!

I just called the admissions office at CSULA. I also applied for the post-bacc speech pathology program. The guy on the phone said that I should receive and email in a week or so and that my name is on the list. i'm not sure if this is a good thing  :/ I really hope i got in. Did anyone receive rejection or acceptance letters from CSULA already? 

Thanks for the info! I've also been waiting for a decsion from CSULB. I have been checking my application status and it still said/says it has been forwarded to the department. After reading your post, I called the department today (First time someone has answered my call which was interesting) and they told me I was #7 on the waitlist...so I know the feeling =/. Here's hoping that 7 people turn down their offers!

I'm new to this forum (just found it today) but glad I did as I will be applying to other post-bacc programs if I don't get into CSULB's.  Any idea what your next steps will be if you don't get in to this program?? Thanks and good luck!

Ellysand,

Have you heard back from CSULB yet??

Jm1988,

I have! I got an email on Tuesday telling me I had been accepted to the program. I will definitely be accepting! Did you get an email as well??

Jm1988,

I have! I got an email on Tuesday telling me I had been accepted to the program. I will definitely be accepting! Did you get an email as well??

Yep!!! I just sent my email saying that I'll be accepting their invitation but I won't be able to attend the orientation. I'm really excited!

I just called the admissions office at CSULA. I also applied for the post-bacc speech pathology program. The guy on the phone said that I should receive and email in a week or so and that my name is on the list. i'm not sure if this is a good thing  :/ I really hope i got in. Did anyone receive rejection or acceptance letters from CSULA already? 

CSULA emailed the first group of acceptances already. They will be sending the next batch of acceptances after June 10th. I found out on Monday that I am on the list, as well. Hopefully we will get some good news from them! 

Yep!!! I just sent my email saying that I'll be accepting their invitation but I won't be able to attend the orientation. I'm really excited!

Jm1988,

Congratulations!! I am very excited as well! I didn't think I would be able to attend the orientation either but I worked it out so that I can. Since you won't be able to go, I'd be happy to share how it goes and information they talk about (I know they'll be sending out the same info by email so just a thought). I'll send you my email by message. Anyway, it would be nice to know someone in the program beforehand. Again, congrats!! :)

Hi everyone!

I have been looking at this thread for some time, but this is my first time posting on here.

First off, I just want to congratulate everyone who got accepted to post-bacc programs. So happy for you guys!

So here is my dilemma:

I also applied to CSULA’s post-bacc program; however, I did not receive an email stating that I was accepted or rejected from the program yet. When I called their office yesterday, the lady I spoke with said that they are still sending out acceptance emails in groups during the next few days. She said that if we had not heard anything yet, there still might be a chance to hear back from them. 

I was just wondering if anyone else received this response, too. (I should also mention that I sent my application in a few days before the April 26 deadline.)

I have already been accepted to Portland State University (though they do accept everyone because it’s a non-competitive program--lol), and I’m also still waiting to hear back from CSUN. I just don’t want to stress out over CSULA if I don't need to!

Thank you!

Uhtheenah,

I was just wondering, did your application status change recently (as in the past week) on CSULA GET? My application status said "complete" up until recently, then it changed to "incomplete." When I asked the lady from the admission's office, she said that the "incomplete" status means that they are just looking at the applications. She said the only reason the "incomplete" status would be bad is if the office did not receive one's transcripts in time. I sent my transcripts weeks before the deadline, so I hope that they received them in time.  :unsure:

I also have an incomplete on my application status. The lady on the phone told me they either had not reviewed my app yet, or they were still waiting on my transcripts which freaked me out. I just resent them on Friday, so i hope it makes it in time.. I sent my transcripts around the same time I sent in my app though. (April 23 I believe)

If you are concerned about whether or not your transcripts have been received you can call the admissions office with your CIN ready at (323) 343-3901. They will be able to tell you if they were received or not. This is different from the Department of Communication Disorders! Marcie is the receptionist for the department (not admissions) and she will not be able to tell you if your transcripts were received, but she can tell you if you are on the list of applicants. Hope this helps!