Fall 2015 Applicants

And The Oatmeal was actually my inspiration to verbify "nope". The Godzilla who sees a bee or something and stomps back into the ocean going "NOPE!" and flipping off Tokyo. It was just so relevant to my thoughts and actions.

When I read it, I got an image of Godzilla stomping back into the ocean and flipping off the GREs.  I kind of want programs to reject me with an Oatmeal 'nope' comic instead of a fake-nice letter.

Godzilla+s+fw+japanese+hornets+_cc6d4636

Yours might be the one posted today, so maybe you have found out. I am not sure if they are finished or not. I was unofficially notified by my POI back in late January, but I didn't get the official letter for another week or two. The department seemed to have a bit of disconnect, so I wouldn't be surprised if different subfields were ahead or behind the others. I would like to hear what other people's funding offers were from there if you (or anyone else) wouldn't mind sharing either here or by PM

Still haven't heard back from them, but I am still hoping! Which subfield are you?

Thank you so much!! At this point, I'm planning to call the Grad director on Monday and ask for a slight extension :)

As a (I assume because you live in Oxford) fellow Miami alum, I congratulate you! There aren't a whole lot of us in archaeology. I'd say an extension is perfectly reasonable, and they can't really force you to make a decision until the April date anyway. 

Sorry to all my fellow NYU rejects. Can anyone please explain the results post of the person who got accepted without a bachelors degree!!??!! Is someone trolling? 

My first guess is trolling. Though it may be that this person doesn't have a bachelors degree yet, i.e. they're in their final year. 

I second that question!

I'm the person who posted the rejection from Columbia today, and the email I got said they had just recently made their final decisions, so there won't be any more interviews probably. That said, I have no idea whether they only accept candidates who had interviews. 

Definitely some interesting posts that went along with the NYU rejections.  My personal favorite is whoever wrote "she doesn't even go here" in the notes section.  Absolutely perfect!

The ones that crack me up are the temper tantrum ones, like the Princeton reject a few days ago who went off that the professors were stupid and how the rejected applicant was so much better than their current PhD students anyway...Obviously you weren't, because you didn't get in, duh.   :D

I applied to Medical Anthro at UCB and can see that a few people have been recently getting acceptances (congrats!!!) as recently as today.  But, does that mean it's a definite no if I haven't heard anything from them by now?? Has anyone gotten a rejection or wait listed?  

As a (I assume because you live in Oxford) fellow Miami alum, I congratulate you! There aren't a whole lot of us in archaeology. I'd say an extension is perfectly reasonable, and they can't really force you to make a decision until the April date anyway. 

Thanks for the reassurance, fellow Miami Alum! I spoke with my advisor today, and he basically reiterated (they can't force me to decide until April).

I haven't, nor has anyone else I've talked to. Apparently, they take their sweet time.

There's that one person who posted in January about getting accepted via phone... hope they're not the only admit this year haha! 

Alright, I have had it with the cone of silence. Other than my acceptance (woo!) I haven't heard a single thing from any of my applications. It would take a fortune in funding for me to turn down my current offer, so I figure I have nothing to lose. I've emailed my POI at OSU and asked what my status is, and I'm going to be emailing everyone else as well, either POIs or Grad Coordinators. February 24th is too damn late! Especially for OSU, because that application was due (for fellowship consideration) November 19th!

I know that UMass HAS made final decisions; mine is the only result up there so either you guys who've applied have gotten in and just haven't heard yet, or I'm the only admit on gradcafe. 

I know that Boston U has made final decisions and has only admitted 2 people to the Archaeology department (I have no idea about the Anthropology department) and I noticed that there's an admit on the results board, so I'm guessing those 2 have already been notified and it's a no for everyone else. I also know that Cornell only admitted 6 people, so I'm guessing that's also a no for everyone else, based on the results board. UNLV has apparently made decisions but it looks like it might be the same deal with them that it is with UMass; either you've gotten in but haven't been notified or all the admits have been notified and only one of them is on gradcafe.

February 24th is too damn late!

Alright, I have had it with the cone of silence. Other than my acceptance (woo!) I haven't heard a single thing from any of my applications. It would take a fortune in funding for me to turn down my current offer, so I figure I have nothing to lose. I've emailed my POI at OSU and asked what my status is, and I'm going to be emailing everyone else as well, either POIs or Grad Coordinators. February 24th is too damn late! Especially for OSU, because that application was due (for fellowship consideration) November 19th!

I know that UMass HAS made final decisions; mine is the only result up there so either you guys who've applied have gotten in and just haven't heard yet, or I'm the only admit on gradcafe.

I know that Boston U has made final decisions and has only admitted 2 people to the Archaeology department (I have no idea about the Anthropology department) and I noticed that there's an admit on the results board, so I'm guessing those 2 have already been notified and it's a no for everyone else. I also know that Cornell only admitted 6 people, so I'm guessing that's also a no for everyone else, based on the results board. UNLV has apparently made decisions but it looks like it might be the same deal with them that it is with UMass; either you've gotten in but haven't been notified or all the admits have been notified and only one of them is on gradcafe.

My thoughts exactly! This just inspired me to email POI's at two programs that have me waiting!

I agree - I feel like things are dragging a bit this year, not sure why.

Curious to know whether Penn is done notifying admitted students. SIGH.

Edited by NOWAYNOHOW