Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Just received notice that I got in at OSU as well! Definitely surprised given my mediocre grades and GRE scores, but I'll take it!

You shouldn't be. We want the best people we can get, and those people don't always have the best grades and GREs.

(Oh, and—congratulations!)

Congrats-can you give more details about your subfield and GRE scores?

Thanks.

Subfield: Didn't specify, apparently? (American Politics; I think this was clear via my statement of purpose and interview, though)

GRE: Verbal: 168

Quantitative: 170

Writing: 5.0

Thanks.

Subfield: Didn't specify, apparently? (American Politics; I think this was clear via my statement of purpose and interview, though)

thanks. congrats

I'll join the others in congratulating all of those who were accepted by OSU!

I really thought that this would be the week that I started hearing back from programs, but no luck thus far....if not tomorrow, maybe next week, haha.

Thanks.

Good to know a fellow Americanist from the board got in! There are so many IR and Comparativists on the board here, I'm glad to know there are some still interested in old-fashioned American politics. 

First post in  a year. 

Can anyone claim the University of Washington PoliSci PhD interview? Getting antsy as I am feeling that I may not have made the cut for UW PoliSci again. 

I just saw another one today. Haven't heard anything from them either. So if it makes you feel any better, I'm also starting to feel antsy about being already disregarded lol!

I just saw another one today. Haven't heard anything from them either. So if it makes you feel any better, I'm also starting to feel antsy about being already disregarded lol!

In the same boat.  I haven't been contacted either.

In the same boat.  I haven't been contacted either.

Do you know whether this is typical of UW? I haven't seen this done before in any of the previous cycles on here. So I'm trying to stay hopeful as to what this could possibly signal. The best feedback I've come across so far is that silence means silence. Nothing else. :)

Do you know whether this is typical of UW? I haven't seen this done before in any of the previous cycles on here. So I'm trying to stay hopeful as to what this could possibly signal. The best feedback I've come across so far is that silence means silence. Nothing else. :)

Haha That's about what I gathered.  This is my first cycle applying so I do not know what is typical of UW.  Maybe our applications are so stellar they don't feel the need to interview us!  haha  :D

Haha That's about what I gathered.  This is my first cycle applying so I do not know what is typical of UW.  Maybe our applications are so stellar they don't feel the need to interview us!  haha  :D

LOL yeah, it's my first cycle applying too. I just checked on the results page from previous cycles, and there wasn't any indication of interviews reported on there in previous years, but I guess it's not a comprehensive tracking method by any stretch. I am going with you on this one. Stellar, meaning no interview needed! HA!

Good luck to you! Hopefully we both get good news soon!

LOL yeah, it's my first cycle applying too. I just checked on the results page from previous cycles, and there wasn't any indication of interviews reported on there in previous years, but I guess it's not a comprehensive tracking method by any stretch. I am going with you on this one. Stellar, meaning no interview needed! HA!

Are you talking about UW Madison? Because University of Washington interviewed last year. 

Also, your signature line reminded me - if the past two years are any indication, UW Madison should be announcing their acceptances sometime early next week. That's another early school I'm hoping to hear good news from.

EDIT: checked.

Suspecting that next week is UW-Madison, WUSTL, and Duke.

Edited by testingtesting

On 1/23/2015 at 12:34 AM, dsg8099 said:

Are you talking about UW Madison? Because University of Washington interviewed last year. 

No, we're talking about UWashington. I saw that they did interview last year as well. Thanks for the reminder.

On 1/22/2015 at 11:35 PM, Hopeful21 said:

On 1/22/2015 at 11:21 PM, letsgo2015 said:

I am in my second cycle, and am not as optimistic as I was last year...

Oh yeah you're right, I saw they interviewed in 2013, didn't see any for 2014 when I did a search. Well whatever happens now is completely beyond our control I guess!