Fall 2015 MFA

Kaitipoola

Chin up. You still got accepted to two programs. And there are still seven other potential acceptances coming your way. 

Thanks. Just bummed cause it was kind of my top top choice. Well, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully everyone gets some good news to wrap up this week.

I'm afraid the Iowa one wasn't a hoax!! Got a call a couple days ago and I'm still in shock!

EDIT: I got in for fiction. Good luck to all of you and I hope you're going to be rolling in acceptances!

Edited by HeyIowa

On 2/19/2015 at 11:20 PM, Octoberstormxx said:

Don't freak just yet. Many people have said they inform over a course of days (not sure I believe that though). Besides, keep in mind the competition is fierce! Where have you applied?

Mmm. Mmm. I've applied to many schools. 14. Many of which have been discussed here. Brown, Iowa, Alabama, Boise State, Irvine, Washington University in St. Louis, Wichita State, Southern Illinois, others that scare me to think about. Rejected from Cornell and Minnesota so far. Haven't heard back from anybody else.

Still keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks, HeyIowa. Congrats!!!!

Despite the Iowa acceptance, I've gotten rejects so far from Washington University in St. Louis,U Minnesota, Cornell, and Michener. You never know how things shake out.

Still have 7 more decisions to wait for, including UCI, Syracuse, Brown, Virginia, and Vanderbilt. Only really interested in Vanderbilt, UVA, and Syracuse at this point, more for the external validation than any real desire to go. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I got rejections from 10-12 of the 14 I applied to

On 2/20/2015 at 4:13 AM, HeyIowa said:

Despite the Iowa acceptance, I've gotten rejects so far from Washington University in St. Louis,U Minnesota, Cornell, and Michener. You never know how things shake out.

Still have 7 more decisions to wait for, including UCI, Syracuse, Brown, Virginia, and Vanderbilt. Only really interested in Vanderbilt, UVA, and Syracuse at this point, more for the external validation than any real desire to go. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I got rejections from 10-12 of the 14 I applied to

Of all the things on all the sites, this was the most comforting to me. Thanks for reminding me that, just because one school says no, doesn't mean all of my others will too. I only applied to 4 programs, haven't heard back from any of them, and am dangerously close to going down the rabbit hole.

Edited to add: good luck HeyIowa, particularly if you end up in Iowa City. I went to Iowa for undergrad, and had really hoped to get back there.

Despite the Iowa acceptance, I've gotten rejects so far from Washington University in St. Louis, U Minnesota, Cornell, and Michener. You never know how things shake out.

UVA is an awesome program :) Congrats on Iowa. Hope you and everyone else hears good news from their programs.

Of all the things on all the sites, this was the most comforting to me. Thanks for reminding me that, just because one school says no, doesn't mean all of my others will too. I only applied to 4 programs, haven't heard back from any of them, and am dangerously close to going down the rabbit hole.

Edited to add: good luck HeyIowa, particularly if you end up in Iowa City. I went to Iowa for undergrad, and had really hoped to get back there.

agreed! this was such a comfort to read. i've been all down in the dumps about this process and ive only gotten one rejection. i keep forgetting that there are still 10 chances left! thanks for the perspective HeyIowa, and congrats to you!

everyone, we will be okay!!

also that being said, is anyone else interested in Indiana/heard anything back? it's kinda one of my dream schools, and they've been real hush hush so far in terms of notification.

I applied to Indiana and haven't heard anything either! I was wondering the same thing... I visited Bloomington years ago on my way to Asheville, NC and I thought it was really lovely town, and the campus was beautiful. 

Despite the Iowa acceptance, I've gotten rejects so far from Washington University in St. Louis, U Minnesota, Cornell, and Michener. You never know how things shake out.

Thanks for the reassurance, HeyIowa - I think everyone on here appreciates it! When I got my rejections from WUSTL and Minnesota, I thought, OK, this clearly isn't happening for me this year. But I still have yet to hear from 5 schools, so I shouldn't necessarily jump to a glass-half-empty scenario.

Were there a lot of Iowa poetry acceptances? I saw two on the results page here and felt a little despondent! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high. Also I am feeling confused about Cornell; I applied in poetry and haven't heard anything, which I assume means it's a no. I know all the fiction people have found out but does anyone have a guess as to what's happening there?

Edited by Bug128

Were there a lot of Iowa poetry acceptances? I saw two on the results page here and felt a little despondent! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high. Also I am feeling confused about Cornell; I applied in poetry and haven't heard anything, which I assume means it's a no. I know all the fiction people have found out but does anyone have a guess as to what's happening there?

How do you know all the fiction people found out?

How do you know all the fiction people found out?

I meant for Cornell. It seems like in past years they usually report all rejections on the same day and there were so many on the results page that's what I gathered.

Hello Group,

For those of you who made it into the Drafts group on Facebook, can you tell me about how many people said they received an acceptance from Iowa (fiction)? In the "Results" list here on this site, I've seen about 3. I know everyone won't post, but I'm trying to get an idea of how many have posted their acceptances.

I wish you all the very best of luck, and I hope our wait won't be much longer.

Hello Group,

For those of you who made it into the Drafts group on Facebook, can you tell me about how many people said they received an acceptance from Iowa (fiction)? In the "Results" list here on this site, I've seen about 3. I know everyone won't post, but I'm trying to get an idea of how many have posted their acceptances.

I wish you all the very best of luck, and I hope our wait won't be much longer.

A while ago someone mentioned there were a few. I'm not sure myself since I left the Draft, too nerve-wracking.

Edited by Octoberstormxx