MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

For anyone who is coming to the saic interview event feb 28th/ March 1st. We should go out for dinner after the reception! I live in chicago so I know a good handful of places with cheap/good food.

totally down! it's my first time in chicago - will pm you.

Does anyone have thoughts about schools asking where you applied / interviewed? I meant to talk to my professors about how to handle that. I do not know if it is appropriate or curious or what. and today during my interview I was asked. Unprepared, I told them.. what are your thoughts ?

In one interview they asked if I had applied at other institutions, but didn't press to find out which ones. In the application for

the University of Georgia, I am pretty sure it asks you to list other schools you have applied to.

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM COLUMBIA?????

I was notified by phone today that I will be receiving an official invite from admissions in the next couple of days to interview at Columbia on March 12/13th...for all of those waiting to hear back. I am interviewing for a spot in the Painting department...so not sure if other disciplines are on the same notification schedule.

Yes, schools have been asking me. I've been honest about interviews/offers/funding (vague on $$ amounts) and just omitting the name of specific universities. You can use offers from school A to sort of "barter" with school B.

In one interview they asked if I had applied at other institutions, but didn't press to find out which ones. In the application for

the University of Georgia, I am pretty sure it asks you to list other schools you have applied to.

I was notified by phone today that I will be receiving an official invite from admissions in the next couple of days to interview at Columbia on March 12/13th...for all of those waiting to hear back. I am interviewing for a spot in the Painting department...so not sure if other disciplines are on the same notification schedule.

Congrats! Does your slideroom say "2015 painting MFA" or "2015 painting" ?

In one inte

rview they asked if I had applied at other institutions, but didn't press to find out which ones. In the application for

thank you both!

Congratulations!!!!!!! That's awesome! And it's great to hear that Columbia is starting to make contact. Finallllyyyyyy.

Anyone else looking at craigslist for ideas of housing costs in your perspective schools areas?! I'm a bit obsessed. San Francisco is scary costly.

I did the same thing with Chicago and it freaked me out. Maybe you should look into on campus housing and also ask in your interviews about recommendations/on campus housing... That's my plan. This site could potentially be a resource for you to find a roomate as well....

Chicago is actually very affordable in the right neighborhood. I used to pay 300/month and now I pay 525 for 2 bedrooms. Look at neighborhoods like pilsen/Bridgeport/humboldt park. Saic housing is insanely expensive because it is in the loop.

Chicago is actually very affordable in the right neighborhood. I used to pay 300/month and now I pay 525 for 2 bedrooms. Look at neighborhoods like pilsen/Bridgeport/humboldt park. Saic housing is insanely expensive because it is in the loop.

Are Pilsen/Bridgeport/humboldt park safe neighborhoods? It doesn't have to be the ritz or anything, but I want to be in somewhere where my car isn't broken into haha (been there done that ;) )... But I will do some research on your suggestion! Thanks for being helpful!

Valoia, RE: SF.

I leave in SF. It's pretty lame if you don't have a lot of money or like to live with a bunch of people.  I didn't even think of applying to SF schools, because they don't offer full funding and I don't want to have to work full time just to pay my rent, and not be able to devote 100% to school.  I am looking forward to escaping to a smaller, much less expensive city this fall!

RIT

Syracuse

WUSTL

any suggestions around university of chicago? definitely not finding anything in that price range in hyde park. mind me asking what neighborhood you're in?

For university of Chicago it really depends on if you have a car. My friend works there, lives in pilsen and its a 15 minute car ride. I must admit I don't know anything about hyde park/south side

Pilsen/Bridgeport are safe. They are (like in the part I live) blue light but I've never had a problem at all (and I do have a car)

That's so cool! If you can afford it with the help from the fellowship, I would take that offer! Unless, you're most interested in somewhere else. Congrats!! :) I'm excited for you anonymous stranger hehe!!

I hope I get into RISD too and they help me financially! Got my interview coming up

Thank you so much! Best luck for your interview! wish you can get in too! maybe we could be classmate in fall~~!

Good luck to everyone this week. The interviews, the waiting and the nerves. Thus begins the start to the BIG finish. These next 2 to 3 weeks are important. To all that try and might not pull off that brass ring, know that we learned a lot through the process and can always try again. Salute!

MICA said they will be notifying toward the middle of March, last week of March at the latest. Not sure if this is referring to Mt. Royal specifically or to all programs. They said they try to call or email in advance.